Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Goodpasture Band Thread

Go down 
+9
TiffLopez
heatherD
skyla
triciasholar
hurley1313
DBaker
kvgamble
Brandi
benniepaul
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blackharley02
Class of 1996
blackharley02

The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:42 pm

but no really i enjoyed band and the trips to shoney's
oh and lets not forget all the state championships
percussion rules
Back to top Go down
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:49 pm

[img]The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Scan0023[/img]
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 1:37 am

That was such a year! My God, has it been that long? I still have my Phantom/Jazz band audio cassette and I play it on occasion when I want to be blown away by impressive force and perfect playing Phantom ruled and I bought the London cast recording, too, on iTunes.

Also, I was in Fiddler in the Roof pit with two Senns - David at my left playing trumpet, and David in front of me conducting. "If I Were a Rich Man" - indeed. If we aren't saying that already, guys, we will be soon I fear. And "Fruma Sera, Fruma Sera!" sorry don't know how to spell that. Trumpets were David Senn, Scott Nichols, and I. It was a blast and I wish I had stayed with band, I feel like shit for not doing it. Oh well, I did it to the extreme in college, proud member of Kappa Kappa Psi - honorary music fraternity "to serve the University bands."
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:19 am

I got my first cigarette from Jamie De Shon, a camel light. Yuck. We went behind the movie theatre in rivergate to smoke it. That's one bad habit that I haven't been able to break.
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:36 am

Band was fun, the bus has some memories and great laughs. Shoneys was always a blast to get us ready. Remember when we all got to go to california camelot year. Now that was fun.
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 pm

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Those are great pictures!

I wish I still had my Phantom/Jazz Band Cassette tape, but it's been lost over the years. Does anyone have a spare copy?

That was such a great year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 2:58 pm

David - I'll duplicate it for you and send it snail mail. Just send me a message via myspace with your address and I'll send it. No biggie.
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 pm

kvgamble wrote:
Band was fun, the bus has some memories and great laughs. Shoneys was always a blast to get us ready. Remember when we all got to go to california camelot year. Now that was fun.

BRandi,

Do you remember rooming with me in CA and how we found that used condom stuck to the inside of the drawer in the nightstand and the hotel management said they would take care of it and no one ever came up so we took the drawer out and set in the floor of the hallway outside our door? I still laugh about that sometimes!
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Oh my, I have not thought about that. That was freaking gross, but funny at the same time. Who else roomed with us. We had some good times in that room, we were crazy.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:48 am

heatherD wrote:
DBaker wrote:
Josh Raines gave me my first cigarette. It was a Marlboro Red and I thought I was going to vomit.

I had my first cigarette from Michael Huffines and it was a Marlboro Menthol. We smoked it under the bleachers at school on a Friday before a football game. It was only a little less nasty than the Reds he usually brought. I was only 13. Such a tender age for the first smoke.

On to my introduction. I started band in 6th grade. I played clarinet. I sometimes played bass clarinet in concert season and in my JR/SR year I played oboe as needed during concert season. I played oboe and clarinet in the orchestra for Goodpasture's production of Fiddler on the Roof. I was pretty darn good too even if David said I sounded like a "dying duck".

Eww, menthols!! A red tasted better any day to me.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:51 am

blackharley02 wrote:
hey i resemble those remarks but thats fine well i smoke marlboro mediums now
we all need to get together sometime to talk we could do it on a saturday
whada ya think

haha! Marlboro mediums...

I am down for a get-together with you guys. Saturday works for me.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:52 am

TiffLopez wrote:
[img]The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Scan0023[/img]

Thank you for posting this pic!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:54 am

Brandi wrote:
I got my first cigarette from Jamie De Shon, a camel light. Yuck. We went behind the movie theatre in rivergate to smoke it. That's one bad habit that I haven't been able to break.

I just recently quit again. I feel a lot better already. Camel lights were my favorite. I do not want to end up on a breathing machine like my dad, so it is time to put the flame to rest. Sad
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 am

blackharley02 wrote:
but no really i enjoyed band and the trips to shoney's
oh and lets not forget all the state championships
percussion rules

I took over the bacon cheeseburger whenever you could not make it. I loved our Shoney's days! We did rule! We ruled-ass every year! ...1st place.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:58 am

kmoore wrote:
For people that new the Hardings... Their father recently died after having a transplant (liver I think) Stephanie is the one that gave part of her liver to her father. I know they need prayers.
The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Band_210

I'm not sure what's going on here but I thought it deserved a look..
The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Band10

The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Band110

Aww. I love that man. He will be missed and loved always! He was a great chaperon on our trips out of state. I loved his computer office at home.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 5:01 pm

There's Karen and Rebecca! And all of those girls I know their names. Man, it's been a long time! I'll be glad to see whoever shows from band.
Back to top Go down
triciasholar
Class of 1997
triciasholar

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:26 pm

kmoore wrote:
For people that new the Hardings... Their father recently died after having a transplant (liver I think) Stephanie is the one that gave part of her liver to her father. I know they need prayers.
The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Band_210

I'm not sure what's going on here but I thought it deserved a look..
The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Band10

The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Band110

Okay, this may be a stupid question but is that me in that picture with Josh, Christie, Hillary, Jamie, and Greg?? Did I really wear glasses in high school?? I know that sounds dumb but there were a few of us with the same hair color that it could have been. Wow! I know that Greg is still in Hendersonville and has 2 or 3 kids.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 1:19 am

That's you. I give you my word on that. Nice to see you on here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jasmith
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi band people!
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:05 pm

I had heard that one of our guard girls had passed away. Jennifer Sauder. My folks spoke with her dad who converts VHS to DVD and always taped our performances. I was very sad to hear that, even though I did not know her well. Just knowing she was in band with me was enough of a connection. I still remember her smile and I don't even have any yearbooks around my apartment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Goodpasture Band Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2