Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Goodpasture Band Thread

Go down 
+9
TiffLopez
heatherD
skyla
triciasholar
hurley1313
DBaker
kvgamble
Brandi
benniepaul
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

The Goodpasture Band Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:09 pm

If you have ever been a part of the music program at Goodpasture, come here to reminisce with old friends.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:15 pm

I joined the Goodpasture band in 1992. Mr. Senn was the band director at that time. I had prior experience in band during elementary school. I joined drum line. I started out on 3rd bass drum. During my second year, I went to the side line, where I played xylophones and the timpanis. I stayed in pit 2 years then returned to the drum line. Upon my return, I played quints, which are 5 drums connected together like toms on a drum set. I played the quints both my juinor and senior year of band. My senior year, I also played bass guitar in concert band.
I played timbales and lead guitar in the pep band.

We had a good time back then!!! I hope to find some of my old band friends on here. I cannot wait to catch up on old times!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 pm

I wish I had read this before I posted on the sports thread. If nascar is a sport, then band is a sport, right?
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Hey Barney, I loved you being in pit with us. But the whole percussion was a great little family anyways. Remember when I got in trouble for buying the percussion ciggs? Razz
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Ha ha! Kelly - I had a similar cigarette experience. I made Mandy Singleton go buy me cigarettes when she turned 18. Then when we got back to school, she cried and told Ken and the whole guard and everyone was mad at me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:04 pm

I started off in 6th grade playing alto sax. 7th grade I played the trumpet - horribly I might add. 8th grade I played Mellophone, just slightly less horrible than the trumpet. 9th grade year, I just showed up with my sax at pre-band camp and didn't ask Mr. Senn if I could switch back. I freakin hated the mellophone.
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Oh, this was with Ms. Street and the percussion parents were mad at her for calling them together after work for that. They told her they were giving me the money to do it because they had to work and it made her madder. Love it !!! cheers
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Josh Raines gave me my first cigarette. It was a Marlboro Red and I thought I was going to vomit. It was when we spent the night in Tracy Tegardens barn because boys weren't allowed to stay in the house. Ha ha ha! But I have no clue why we were spending the night over there to begin with.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:38 pm

kvgamble wrote:
Hey Barney, I loved you being in pit with us. But the whole percussion was a great little family anyways. Remember when I got in trouble for buying the percussion ciggs? Razz

Haha! You always kept it real out there! You were genuine. We had a blast in percussion!
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:39 pm

DBaker wrote:
Ha ha! Kelly - I had a similar cigarette experience. I made Mandy Singleton go buy me cigarettes when she turned 18. Then when we got back to school, she cried and told Ken and the whole guard and everyone was mad at me.

That is so funny. Poor Mandy!
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:41 pm

kvgamble wrote:
Oh, this was with Ms. Street and the percussion parents were mad at her for calling them together after work for that. They told her they were giving me the money to do it because they had to work and it made her madder. Love it !!! cheers

Ms. Street was a demon! She wanted to trash everything that we stood for, just so she could call it her band...her creation. I am glad I only had to endure one year of that nightmare!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Hey band people I am still missing Skyla. Her comments and input a much valued. Get her to post please.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Just talked to her the other day Hurley. She's got her hands full. I'm sure she'll be on when she has a spare minute or two.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Thank you Brandi. I know she is wrestling with 3 kids in the great land o hippie. Isn't she going to move back to this coast sometime?
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Sometime this year, depending on the fish. They are probably going to go to the DC area so closer, but not close. She will be here sometime soon so maybe we could get some of the kiddos together for a playdate. We will have to ask her. Just an idea. I don't think she is going to be able to make it to the reunion.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:13 pm

Brandi wrote:
Sometime this year, depending on the fish. They are probably going to go to the DC area so closer, but not close. She will be here sometime soon so maybe we could get some of the kiddos together for a playdate. We will have to ask her. Just an idea. I don't think she is going to be able to make it to the reunion.

She will definitely be missed there at the reunion. I am glad that she will get to come home for a bit.

Last edited by benniepaul on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
triciasholar
Class of 1997
triciasholar

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Hey everyone! I started in band in 1993 when Mr. Senn was there. There were plenty of good memories and traumatic memories from high school. How is everyone doing??
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 pm

I have arrived! I was guard, turned concert band, turned piccilo (sp?). Fabulous...I played the thing and I have no idea how to spell it. That's what sleep deprivation will do to ya. Sleep

I'll be there in June for that playdate, ya'll!
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:51 am

triciasholar wrote:
Hey everyone! I started in band in 1993 when Mr. Senn was there. There were plenty of good memories and traumatic memories from high school. How is everyone doing??

I am doing great besides being a lot older. Band was great back in the early 90''s!!! We were so serious back then! I feel that the most disciplined shows I was in had to be Phantom and Camelot.

Good times... pirat
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:54 am

skyla wrote:
I have arrived! I was guard, turned concert band, turned piccilo (sp?). Fabulous...I played the thing and I have no idea how to spell it. That's what sleep deprivation will do to ya. Sleep

I'll be there in June for that playdate, ya'll!

you were pretty versatile. I could not stay on one thing too long either. I hopped from 3rd bass drum, to timpanis, to xylophones, to quints (tenor drums).

Last edited by benniepaul on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm

DBaker wrote:
Josh Raines gave me my first cigarette. It was a Marlboro Red and I thought I was going to vomit.

I had my first cigarette from Michael Huffines and it was a Marlboro Menthol. We smoked it under the bleachers at school on a Friday before a football game. It was only a little less nasty than the Reds he usually brought. I was only 13. Such a tender age for the first smoke.

On to my introduction. I started band in 6th grade. I played clarinet. I sometimes played bass clarinet in concert season and in my JR/SR year I played oboe as needed during concert season. I played oboe and clarinet in the orchestra for Goodpasture's production of Fiddler on the Roof. I was pretty darn good too even if David said I sounded like a "dying duck".
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:54 pm

Heather that is funny, he always had Marlboro reds. But sometimes he would have those nasty menthols. I always remember sneaking under the bleachers to smoke until they started getting wise to it. Some good times, sure are missed.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 pm

I can't help it if the oboe sounds like a dying duck.
Back to top Go down
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:31 pm

The Goodpasture Band Thread Scan0022
Back to top Go down
blackharley02
Class of 1996
blackharley02

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:35 pm

hey i resemble those remarks but thats fine well i smoke marlboro mediums now
we all need to get together sometime to talk we could do it on a saturday
whada ya think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Goodpasture Band Thread   The Goodpasture Band Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Goodpasture Band Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next