Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Band Reunion?

Go down 
+6
Nick_Smith
blackharley02
DBaker
kvgamble
Brandi
heatherD
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

Another Band Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:39 am

Anyone Interested?
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:51 am

Sure, did we have one before?
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm

It has been a while since we had one!
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 3:00 pm

If we can get one together, let me know - I've got 1700 miles to travel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
blackharley02
Class of 1996
blackharley02

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:16 pm

o do not remember one myself but it woul;d be a great idea
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 12:30 am

I would enjoy it very much!
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Didn't we have one before we graduated? So it was a reunion before any of us left. Weird huh? We could contact the school and let us see if we can use the property. I don't think they could begrudge us that.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 7:48 pm

Well, I'd want Mr. Senn there, and since he doesn't work there anymore I doubt they'd be accomodating. He was the best darn band directer the school ever had. They made a huge mistake letting him go. Obviously - when the band went to pot after he left.

When I see the band now, I'm ashamed at how horrible they are. Well, at least compared to what we were back then.

When is the last time the band won a state championship? I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
blackharley02
Class of 1996
blackharley02

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:22 pm

i definetly agree david
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:16 pm

I was never a big fan of the band. Partly because I was unaware of what you guys went through to be up there playing and I know you guys had themes and all but I always wanted to hear something from the radio. I know you guys had the talent to play it. But now I realize how good the band was then because of how shite they are now. I guess I should have taken a tip from Baliff and appreciated you guys more. I was at a GHS football game a year or two ago and it looked like there were only 15 people in the entire band. I had to explain to my wife that when I went there the band was a hell of alot better, thats when it hit me that you guys rocked.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 am

Much appreciated, good sir. We aimed to please. We desired to win, to achieve. Big plans, big productions, large amounts of time practicing, and much preparation by the parents who did most of the props, like the huge curtain in the Camelot year. Since I hear they fizzled, I still wish I would have stuck with it through senior year. You're right they don't perform well now at all. I went to see a competition last year. The winner was... McGavock I think? Does anyone remember how Ron Howes the meteorologist from TV was at one of our performances, watching his daughter?
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 am

David your right, Mr. Senn was a great teacher, he was really the head a large family. I will never forget when he was going to his interview at Ezell, he came out of his office and we were talking; he was really nervous you could tell. I staightened his tie and told him goodluck and we just started laughing. He is a great man. Once he left it was one bad director after another. I was at a jv football game when school started back this year and the band was practicing and I was shocked about the way it looked and how little it ways. I could not believe that something we all worked so hard for had been down graded to something so non existant. But we will always have the good memories.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 am

Okay, here is a little current Goodpasture politics for you. After it was found out that Jim Reed was going to be fired, one of the band parents (acting as an official of Goodpasture, but wasn't) gave Division II to another school. The band didn't get to have div2 last year and the band budget suffered greatly as a result. Mr. Senn stepped in and tried to get it back for us saying that it was our contest and technically we owned it since he started it. Point being, he has been gone for so long and tried to help us recently, so I don't think he would be banned from school property. If you want, I can have Lori talk to Mr Baker (the current director) and ask if we can use the band room one evening.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:06 am

Sky will be in in early June, so we could try to set something up for then
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:12 am

I'd forgotten about that - I forget who mentioned that to me about the Div. II thing. So did Goodpasture get it back?
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:23 am

Without Division II i could understand why the budget suffered, because the school really did not contribute that much anyways. There has been a band reunion after I graduated because Mr. Senn was at Ezell.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:37 am

The school actually agreed to pick up the slack in the band budget. I don't know for sure if they got DivII back. Actually, I think they have a big director's meeting in the summer, so I don't really know if it's really been decided. It is totally weird for me watching Lori run a guard practice, but she is really good, better than I was. The band has wussed out majorly. I got in trouble for yelling at the girls when they weren't trying. Also, I was at band camp one year setting drill and everyone was at attention. Except for the field commander who was sitting on the podium, with her shoes off, drinking water. I asked her, if they don't get to have their shoes off, and they don't get to sit down and have a water break, why do you? She got all mad and sent her mother to give me a stern talking to at the end of the week. The mother told me that she is the field commander and her feet were hurting so she gets special priveldges. I explained that she is a leader and should lead by example. wussies!
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:56 am

Brandi, Oh boy that would not fly with us. There heads would be spinning.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 am

we did have a band reunion about 4 years ago. There were about 50 people to show up. It was fun, but I really wished there were more alumni from my years in band.

Let's try this again.
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:02 am

June would be great. We should get the word out to everyone. Let's pick a date and everyone contact everyone you know.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 am

I won't be able to come if it's in June. My manager is on vacation then, so I have to hold down the fort. The next time I come to town we can have a "Who wants to see David Baker" reunion.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm

DBaker wrote:
I won't be able to come if it's in June. My manager is on vacation then, so I have to hold down the fort. The next time I come to town we can have a "Who wants to see David Baker" reunion.

what time would be good for you?
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 4:04 pm

LOL - I'm not sure - it may not be until around Thanksgiving or Christmas that I get back to Nashville. It will most likely be sometime in the fall.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:36 pm

There's also a reference to a band reunion on Facebook. Angela Green is talking about having one. It would cost money, I hear. Oh well, I just thought y'all would like to know if you didn't already. Sorry I didn't say it sooner.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:53 pm

I am willing to pay to see some old band mates. I am willing to help work, if set-up is not provided for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Band Reunion?   Another Band Reunion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Band Reunion?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next