Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you miss

Go down 
+13
jaj.atl
Dave Slate
TiffLopez
kvgamble
Larkjenn
heatherD
DBaker
Brandi
Allen
kmoore
spelling bee massacre
benniepaul
hurley1313
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Goodpasture meant many things to people. I came from a rough inner city junior high school before I entered high school at Goodpasture. It was a complete flip and I loved it. I didn't want to graduate, I loved my class mates very much and didn't want to enter a new phase of life without them. I have lost touch with most of them like the teachers at school said I would and am happy for the opportunity to some what reunite with them here. but I am interested in what all the others miss.

It was a gravel pit when I was there I hated the walks in the rain to the building then but miss them now.
I miss the unity of the class when doing floats for home coming. Except for the year I was chased down by a bunch of thugs because I wanted to see the Wizard Tree.
I miss the food drive, when groups of us would get together and carroll for can goods. The food didn't matter but the time together did.
I miss alot of things from time to time and I want to know some of your expierences and what you miss and what Goodpasture meant to you.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 pm

I miss the late afternoons in the halls of school.
I miss laughing and joking with my friends.
I miss being immature around other immature people. (wait...that still happens)
Very Happy
I miss my senior parking spot. Can I have it back?

Last edited by benniepaul on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more info)
Back to top Go down
spelling bee massacre
Admin
spelling bee massacre

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:23 am

I miss all the fun homework. I miss getting Fs too. rabbit

some other great moments were watching my friends mess with each other during class.
one kid used to hump his desk while the other kid acted like the "receiver". one day the teacher started
to walk to the back of the class. the kid in the front noticed her and put a book in his face. the kid behind him kept
humping his desk until he looked up and noticed the teacher standing beside him. the crazy part was she did
nothing! Shocked he just picked up his book and acted like nothing had happened.

good times. afro

here's a pic that helps if you couldn't follow.

What do you miss Image2tr9
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:27 am

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:21 am

i miss the lack of responsibility. At the time it seemed like all the homework, tests, sports were a lot of stress. That's nothing compared to a mortgage, children, health insurance.

I guess this is the emo thread so, I miss all of you guys. That's the main reason I set this up.

I also miss running track. I know everyone that had their sport or band or other school activity knows how I feel. Getting out of school early to go hang at Harpeth Hall was a wonderful experience.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:45 am

Running track to pass chemistry, not so fun for me. If I could have laid off the smoke maybe it would have been better. Doing a relay and smoking a pack a day hurts, and trying to find long socks wasn't easy either.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Hey Kayla, I'm right there with you on the quiet life thing. We live out in the country and I routinely find myself doing things like making jam and spending days in the summer canning tomatoes. How did that happen? I have two kids. The oldest is Brian Leojon and he is 2.5, the youngest is Julia Billie and she is 6 mos. I ran across the pix of our senior trip a couple of months ago. Everclear and kool aid at club La Vela, gee, you couldn't tell we were 17 or anything. LOL What a blast!
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Hurley, I didn't know you ran track, or smoked, or liked high school. In fact, when reading this forum there was a whole lot that I missed. Peeing in lunchboxes? Where was I?
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 pm

I miss skipping classes and hiding in the back room of the Bandroom with Mandy Singleton. We did that all the time. And we would rock the vending machine back and forth and steal Cheez-its out of there.

I also miss playing sardines late at night in the auditorium.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 pm

I don't miss a thing about it. couldn't wait to get away from it. HS was hell.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:52 pm

It was hell, yes. But there are some good memories. Remember when Mr. Senn threw his megaphone and it almost hit your sister? That was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Who knew Phillip Hurley was so sentimental?
I miss all my energy. Having a little one sure does take it all away.
I miss track too. Who would ever think I would miss running around that stupid track that had 100 meters under the water. It sure felt like we never had a practice were someone didn't lose their lunch. Allen and Hurley you had it worse than we did though.
I can't believe how much useless stuff we all remember, but I'm with Brandi, Where was I when all this insanity was going on?

Kayla- Thank you!! She looks like her daddy. She is doing great. Other than only weighing 8 pounds at 3 months, you would never know she was 7 weeks early. I am just so thankful to have a healthy little miracle. After 3 weeks in the NICU unit every sleepless night is worth it. I tried to look at your picture but couldn't get a clear look.
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:54 pm

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:25 pm

I not sentimental quit calling me that. I am still the same manipulative asshole I always was but I loved Goodpasture. I was harsh with people sometimes but thats me.

How could anyone not know I smoked. I took my senior picture smoking a cigar. I was like a friggin chimney.
We didn't pee in the lunches we took the lunches and ate them. It was another kid who pissed all over Justin Purkey when he was taking a dump. Purkey came out and chased him down and I believe the kid got expelled.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:51 pm

I miss sneaking off into the woods at school and smoking weed with some of the drum line.

I miss skipping school with Erik Boltz.

I miss going to Trick Shot. I know a lot of people who miss that. That was our pool hall!

I miss Old Due West road.

I miss winning an absurd amount of trophies.

I miss band camp.
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Barney, I know what you mean except for the woods and smoking weed. Trick Shot what some memories..
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 4:03 pm

smoking weed? i never even saw weed until after i graduated.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:06 pm

I miss my friends and not having to worry about grown up responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:12 pm

I remember smoking tons of weed! I don't smoke weed or drink anymore, but that's what life was all about back then. I'd come into 1st period computers stoned out of my mind everyday. Coach Forehand HAD to have known, he'd always look at me and shake his head laughing...
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:15 pm

I miss seeing Allen trying to impress my mom by doing a flip on the trampoline but he got over excited and flew off hitting the side of the house...all while Hurley was up in a tree making monkey noises.

That memory still brings a tear to my eye!

I also miss learning about NIN in English while painting Allen's nails. I miss football (seriously, I really really do). I miss riding in the car to track meets singing Speed Racer and Inspector Gadget...floats...trips to church with Scotty and Christina (yes, I was a goodie-goodie and didn't have a lot of those moments you guys mention above - my how times have changed)...listening to Michael Agee talk like Braveheart and Forrest Gump...goofing off in chorus, drama, art and all of the other silly classes...playing poker in chemistry and beating JJ every time...slumber parties (watching Children of the Corn at Kayla's still makes me giggle and Paige's dad's chocolate chip pancakes will always make my mouth water).

Sorry guys, but I seriously don't miss track or cross country...most of my classes...Student Council (no offense to the people that were officers, I love you guys but I just didn't find that ANY fun).

And don't let Phillip fool you guys...he was always sentimental. Actually, he was the guy who would do anything to cheer me up when I was upset.

(Sorry that got so long...procrastinating at work and got a bit carried away)
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:55 pm

I am not and never was a nice person. I think i am being confused with someone else.

Oh hell yeah. Allen's face vs Julies brick house was the most one sided bout I have ever seen. 1 hit and Allen was out cold.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 am

Mom still tells that story to this day. She will never forget you guys because of that one event! It was priceless.

Why didn't we have youtube back then?!?!
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Julie, I am so glad that you brought up the Hagans' chocolate chip pancakes. I was so afraid to try them because they ate them with chocolate syrup too. Now I make choc. chip pancakes for the nieces and nephew.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh my gosh...they are bliss. I put powdered sugar on mine now (it tricks my mind into thinking I am eating a bit healthier!)
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 am

Trick shot! Those were the days...when you could buy a pack of smokes out of a machine in a pool hall and pretend to be way cool. All the while ignoring the fact that no one cool is actually in a pool hall at 3:30 in the afternoon and that people can actually tell when youdon't inhale!

I miss that crazy lamp at Blake Saldana's house with the naked chick in the sea shell that changed colors as she spun around.

And the philosiphizers meetings in the dark stairwells at 6:00 in the morning with a bag of donuts and my boys Barney (in the purple shirt), Brandon, and Boltz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you miss   What do you miss Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you miss
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Goodpasture In General-
Jump to: