Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Take me out to the Ballgame

Go down 
+3
Allen
jaj.atl
Nick_Smith
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What is your favorite team to watch?
The Braves
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap23%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
The Cardinals
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap0%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Cubs
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap31%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
The Tribe (Indians)
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap0%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Nashville Sounds
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap8%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Yankees
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap15%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
The Red Sox
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap15%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
The White Sox
Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_lcap8%Take me out to the Ballgame I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Brewers
 0% [ 0 ]
The Tigers
 0% [ 0 ]
The Athletics
 0% [ 0 ]
The Phillies
 0% [ 0 ]
The Giants
 0% [ 0 ]
The Mets
 0% [ 0 ]
The Orioles
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Take me out to the Ballgame Empty
PostSubject: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Well the season is started up. Every adoring eye is fixed to their television screen or their plasma on the wall (I do not fit in that latter category). Of course, they're watching their favorite teams. Some of us like Julie actually get to go, and I feel some jealousy. But that's o.k. because everyone around my area gets to go see the Nashville Sounds. It's the best baseball game in town, hands down. I went to two games last year. Bring along your significant other or get some fellas or ladies and head to the game. I hope they do well this year.

On to the MLB, the Cubs are rarin' to start this season and we still have Ramirez so we're doing well there. I cannot say yet what the season bears for my favorite team, but if you think another team is better, let me know by completing the poll. You are allowed to vote for just one, or two, since you might like the Sounds (because they're local) and the Braves (major league) at the same time. However, if you have no opinion or don't like baseball, don't skew the results because these statistics will be off. I'm aiming to have a low margin of error, so please vote your actual favorite team.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:23 pm

YAY NICK! Love it. Although my Bravos aren't doing the best...especially with Smoltzy being possibly out for a LONG time Sad
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Smoltz - gosh I remember having some of his baseball cards. He's been a top-notch pitcher for your Braves, despite this absence. I wonder - is he hurt? I mean, I could just look it up, but I'd rather hear it from a fan.

My Cubs did well today. We call Carlos Zambrano "Big Z," or just "Z." He started out today versus the ol' Brewers. I think he's one of our aces. He can throw the knuckleball and a dropping fast ball that leaves batters heads spinning. It was fun to watch, and guess what? Ryne Sandberg is manager of the Peoria Chiefs, the Chicago Cubs farm team. It's like I'm living in 1989 again, except Sandberg's older and not playing. It was good to see him talking with the Cubs chairman and Skip Caray, Harry Caray's son. I caught the game right at the middle of the Star-Spangled Banner.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:33 am

For the love of Pete will someone else vote? I mean, I should ask nicely but I know we had several baseball team members, let alone others who value the sport or watch it occassionaly. Bottom line - if you tell people you're for a certain team in baseball, vote once for them, or twice if it's a tie between two different teams.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptySat May 03, 2008 10:35 am

Baseball sucks imo. But I voted Yankess b/c when I read the name it came through in Chris Farley's voice and it made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptySat May 03, 2008 11:02 am

Baseball does NOT SUCK. Allen I am hurt.

Smoltz is injured AGAIN this year...because of that and seeing they don't know what they are going to do about his shoulder...last I heard he was stepping down from starter and going back to closer. I am going to miss watching him pitch multiple innings but I sure did love watching him walk out on the field in the 9th. The stands would go nuts!!

I only voted for one team...because I honestly only really love and follow the Braves. But I have to cheer for the Red Sox cause my boyfriend will hurt me otherwise...and he is much bigger than me Smile
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptySat May 03, 2008 11:03 am

Oh...and one of the things I miss most about Nashville is the Sounds games...especially on Thirsty Thursdays!
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptySat May 03, 2008 11:07 pm

I would have to say The Braves. Our church youth group used to take trips down to Atlanta to watch them play.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:35 pm

I watched Big Z pitch today. We're still looking hot, with Derek Lee as a baseman. I am loving it! There's no better season that this one. Of course I can't speak for everyone!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Don't get to excited the Cubs will find a way to fudge it up.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:13 am

hurley1313 wrote:
Don't get to excited the Cubs will find a way to fudge it up.

I know that it continually happens. But seriously, man, I have seen that happen every season of every year for my entire life? I remember when Andre Dawson, Mark Grace, Ryne Sandberg and countless others were playing. Have we won the World Series? Let me see - the last time was, oh! 1908 - one hundred dadgum years ago.

You can't truly experience pain until you watch the Cubs go all the way and blow it. That's why I'm a dedicated fan - because if I wasn't, I would have quit watching them a long time ago. Listen to that song "Had a Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. It is the truth from years past.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:45 am

I fear that the Braves will be going down the path of the Cubs and how the Red Sox used to be...

This last series killed us until the game yesterday afternoon!

Oh...and if any of you care, Smoltz will no longer be a starter. He took himself down to the bullpen...sniffle.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:40 am

Did anyone hear about the Red Sox no hitter?! Even if you aren't a fan, you have to be impressed with the pitcher...had cancer, comes back and gets a no hitter? That is the stuff movies are made of.

Oh...and I have to brag...my Bravos have beat the Mets twice in one day!!!
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:47 am

Yeah, that was amazing! I saw the last few moments of the Red Sox game on Sportscenter or some other sports program. He was so stoked, as were his teammates! They know how hard it is to play the game called baseball, and how much the sport matters to their fans.

BASEBALL RULES !!!
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:40 am

I believe I am going to a game tonight. If we win this one, the Bravos will have swept the series against the Mets and we will be ahead of them by 2 games! Now to make the Phillies and the Marlins lose!
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:55 am

It's the 4th of July - actually, today. I am up late, but I woke up so I had to do something. Anyway, to the point - the Sounds are having a game tonight and afterwards there will be a fireworks display. I am sure it will be unparalleled. Except for the big Riverfront shindig. I'm on a diet but I wish I could have a hot dog. I guess I will stick to popcorn instead.

Go Sounds!!

I miss the San Diego chicken...
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:55 pm

My Cubs are ripping it up. Top in their division, and top in the entire National league. The only team in the Majors that has a better win-loss percentage is the L.A. Angels. They ripped apart the Brewers and it's on to play the Royals in Kansas City today.

Did I mention... It's on!!!
I still miss that old chicken.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 6:27 pm

day of mourning for me. my beloved Red Sox got rid of man ram. The curse is back on. Cubbies will still find a way to fudge it up.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 pm

If they do, it won't be the first time, Hurley. Indeed, they seem to have the worst luck most years. I hope they don't as you say, fudge it up.

Anyway, yeah that's too bad. I know how important good players are. I still miss Maddux.

Julie, the Braves are next on the list, I think the series between Cubs and Atlanta starts Tuesday. Who is tough enough? We will see...
Back to top Go down
El Nino
Class of 1998
El Nino

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Houston Astros baby!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Wow I forgot that the Astros were a team.

Last edited by hurley1313 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:51 pm

I didn't. Nolan Ryan was one of the best pitchers ever. When I was a kid, I collected his card so much. I grew up and he was one of my heroes. Him, Andre Dawson, Hershiser, Mark Grace, Ryne Sandberg, Don Mattingly, Jose Canseco. OK I had a lot of those. Including my dad was the number one.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:01 am

The Astros hurt themselves by being a middle of the pack team at the moment. Of course I like Nolan Ryan but the only teams that get noticed are the ones playing really good or really bad. Everyone knows the K.C. Royals because they suck so bad. People are only talking about the Rays because they are kicking ass. Every team has a great player or two, I can name every player I liked too but it don't mean shit if the team sucks.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:05 am

Well, it does mean shit. You get to see a great player. In that sense, it makes sense. And if you have 2 or 3 good players, there you go. Theoretically, or on paper. But it doesn't always work out. Mark Grace, Ryne Sandberg, and Andre Dawson all on the same team for mine. I agree political parties should not be chosen permanently. But if you love your team, you watch the game just to watch the game. You pull for them. For life, if you want. That's the reason I pull for the Cubs. What other *(#@ reason would I pull for 'em? Desperation is for the weak, in this case.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:16 am

Thats what I am saying Nick. You can watch any team in the league and see an outstanding player but if your team doesn't make it to the playoffs, or win a pennet, or world series than you are cheering for a mediocre team with good players. I liked Dale Murphy but at the time the braves did jack shit. Don't really understand the political referance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame Empty

Back to top Go down

Take me out to the Ballgame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Sports Discussion-
Jump to: