Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Take me out to the Ballgame

Go down 
+3
Allen
jaj.atl
Nick_Smith
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What is your favorite team to watch?
The Braves
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
The Cardinals
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Cubs
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
The Tribe (Indians)
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Nashville Sounds
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Yankees
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
The Red Sox
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
The White Sox
Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Brewers
 0% [ 0 ]
The Tigers
 0% [ 0 ]
The Athletics
 0% [ 0 ]
The Phillies
 0% [ 0 ]
The Giants
 0% [ 0 ]
The Mets
 0% [ 0 ]
The Orioles
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 am

The political thing was from another thread. They were talking about how clinging to a certain political party based on nothing but loyalty is unwise. Which is true. I was referring to that idea because I wanted to say that people root for baseball teams out of loyalty, but it's not a blind loyalty. It's a different kind of loyalty. That's all I meant by that part.

And you're right, sometimes the team is mediocre. Sometimes it's that way for years, as in the Royals. People certainly do forget their teams if they are sucking.
Back to top Go down
El Nino
Class of 1998
El Nino

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:59 pm

hurley1313 wrote:
Wow I forgot that the Astros were a team.

You probably forgot that your nuts haven't dropped either. JK, NR. Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 57451
Back to top Go down
kpclark
Class of 1998
kpclark

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Ok, so I'm late to this thread but I am an OBSESSIVE cubs fan. All the other little girls in Allison's preschool class have pink blankets and pillowcases with princess crap on them, what does Allison have? A Chicago Cubs set. I got to live my dream and go to Wrigley Field this summer, if I can figure it out I will put a picture up. I'm not that bright when it comes to that sort of thing, I have never actually been on myspace or facebook or anything. But I digress, the Cubs are going all the way!!! This is it! 100 years are over!!! The goat is dead!!!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:28 am

Still only one drop. I am getting a team autographed cubs ball and I don't like the cubs so I need them to go all the way to make the ball worth something.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:22 pm

The fact that you mentioned the goat brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. I can tell you're one of the most loyal fans, of the elite, the inimitable, the ever-lovin' CHICAGO CUBS!!!! And I am, too. Dad was from Indiana, born in Illinois. His dad was from Chicago, and that's where they met. So it is a great city.

Katy, I got to go to Wrigley Field. It is awesome. It transcends awesome, though. It is the experience of a lifetime to watch a game there. When I went, Harry Carey was still alive and kickin', and he wasn't too tired to sing the 7th inning stretch. Also, I did it offical-style and bought a Bratwurst in a bun. It was freakin' good. Did you see when Superfans was on and Chris Farley said that he spilled flaming-hot nacho cheese sauce on his chest during the playoffs in '89?? Funny stuff. But I'd go through a large cube of flaming-hot cheese for the chance to see them win the World Series in person!! I know from your goat reference that you would, too. It's good to have you on the same team. And like Seinfeld said, not that there's anything wrong with that. J/K hope you get that reference. Same team.
Back to top Go down
kpclark
Class of 1998
kpclark

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:16 pm

Got it, Nick. My husband has every Seinfeld reference memorized and I have absorbed some through osmosis. I too would walk through flaming hot nacho cheese (I love the superfans!) and am getting really wound up for Wednesday. I can hardly stand it!
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah, I am wound up, too. Dempster is pitching Wed. with Z following up on Thurs. We can beat these freakin' Dodgers, I swear we can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take me out to the Ballgame   Take me out to the Ballgame - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Take me out to the Ballgame
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Sports Discussion-
Jump to: