Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Embarrasing High School Moments

Go down 
+10
heatherD
Larkjenn
Brandi
jaj.atl
skyla
TiffLopez
Nick_Smith
benniepaul
hurley1313
DBaker
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

Embarrasing High School Moments Empty
PostSubject: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Okay - so what was an embarrasing moment for you in high school?

Although I'm sure I have many, I can only think of one right now. The year I wore a Star Trek uniform to school on Halloween. Yeah. I thought I was so cool. I got made fun of so bad for that one.

Oh wait, I thought of another. The time I bleached my hair and got sent home from school. But what I didn't understand was why I was singled out when over half the girls in school had bleached blonde hair and a few guys too. Mr. Parnell told me I was bringing undue attention to myself and causing a commotion in the classroom. Whatev.

I know there have to be more embarrasing moments. Looking back, those two things aren't really so embarrasing, but back then, I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:40 pm

They were just screwing with you man cause Allen, Adam, and I all bleached our hair. If noone remembers or you don't know adam he could pass as a mexican. He somewhat resembled Wesley Snipes in the movie Demolition Man. No trouble for us at all.

I dont know if I was really embarrassed by this or not. At our freshman banquet Mr. Baliff gave the prayer before we ate. Mr. Baliff could pray like a champ and my already cold food was getting colder. I meant to say this in my head but it came out loud, "Is he going to pray until Christ comes back". It caused quite a bit of a stir but I took no heat for it.

Actually It was impossible for me to get in trouble I tried to get a demerit a few times and nothing. I knocked the shit out of Mr.Parnell's desk and he didn't even look at me.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:30 pm

The school did hand-select those it wished to attack. It sucks that it was like that. I was known as a trouble maker. The school wanted me kicked out. The school kept me from walking with my class. I loved the students at Goodpasture, but did get poor treatment from some of the faculty. I had bleached hair at school more than once.

So....my most embarrassing moment was being banned from walking with my class.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:53 pm

That did suck. Even if you had to get a phoney diploma or whatever you should have walked. I think their biggest targets were Wes Cornwell and James Churchman. I heard McCarley and Churchman yelling at each other one day in Coach Martin's class and Churchman told him I don't care if you like me cause I hate your ass to. Mad props for that.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:57 pm

They wanted me out of there. I had to go to parent/teacher/administration meetings a lot! I did get a class of 98 Goodpasture diploma.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:10 pm

It was not a high school moment but I'll let it slide. Skyla has one of the funniest/embarrassing stories and I want her on here to tell it. Many of you have read it already but some have not. Its called Little Brown Nut Hair
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:12 pm

Funny enough as my story is, it is ironic you mentioned James Churchman, 'cause one of my top embarrassments came at his doing. I went to be in the Outdoors club, and this was the first meeting, where the members elect officers like President, V.P., etc. So, they are yelling out people's names to be nominated, and J. Churchman says "Nicholas Smith for President!" A general stir or hubbub arose, as I saw people turning to one another, confused as to who this person was. It was none other than I.

So, all the nominated people go out into the Junior High Gym lobby and wait during voting, and of course I am not elected President. But the few short minutes of hell that I endured surely qualify me for embarrasment. I felt like John Lennon's "Nowhere Man," an intransigent figure ambling out into the room. He was still funny and he made me laugh sometimes.
Back to top Go down
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:41 pm

When I was in color guard and we did Phantom of the Opera. I think it was at our state contest and it was really windy. There was a part of our show where we were standing in a line and had to toss our flag. I was beside Melanie Napier. The wind really started blowing when we had already thrown our flags up, and I tried to grab it, but it hit Melanie in the head. I felt so bad. Then they had to call an ambulance for her. The next school day I found Melanie and ask how she was. She told me she had gotten a concussion from the flag hitting her. Everyone that was in band teased me about that for a long time.
Well, since then I have talked to Melanie several times. My husband and her older sister's husband are friends. We have told them about this and now we all joke about it. But, I did feel bad about it for a long time.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 1:02 am

Want to talk about targets? How about mine and Crowder's senior superlative picture not getting into the yearbook because he wore eyeliner and my shirt "endorsed halucenogenic drug use!" It was just a drogon, people! Seriously...Teagarden had it out for me.

Anyway, I can't recall being all that embarrased. I'm sure I should have been at some point, but I seem to have forgotten all of that crap.

Just for Hurley, I'll start a thread of otherwise embarrasing moments with my Little Brown Nuthare story.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 11:34 am

TiffLopez wrote:
When I was in color guard and we did Phantom of the Opera. I think it was at our state contest and it was really windy. There was a part of our show where we were standing in a line and had to toss our flag. I was beside Melanie Napier. The wind really started blowing when we had already thrown our flags up, and I tried to grab it, but it hit Melanie in the head. I felt so bad. Then they had to call an ambulance for her. The next school day I found Melanie and ask how she was. She told me she had gotten a concussion from the flag hitting her. Everyone that was in band teased me about that for a long time.
Well, since then I have talked to Melanie several times. My husband and her older sister's husband are friends. We have told them about this and now we all joke about it. But, I did feel bad about it for a long time.

Ha ha ha! I remember that! That was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:02 am

skyla wrote:
Want to talk about targets? How about mine and Crowder's senior superlative picture not getting into the yearbook because he wore eyeliner and my shirt "endorsed halucenogenic drug use!" It was just a drogon, people! Seriously...Teagarden had it out for me.

Anyway, I can't recall being all that embarrased. I'm sure I should have been at some point, but I seem to have forgotten all of that crap.

Just for Hurley, I'll start a thread of otherwise embarrasing moments with my Little Brown Nuthare story.

that would have been the coolest "most unique" picture ever to grace the pages of a Goodpasture year book. That really blows that it had to be re-done. Question Mad
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 am

My at the time most embarrassing moment that makes me laugh my ass off now...was in drama. I forgot all of my lines in the final play...ALL of them. So while I was stunned for what to say, I remember Hurley and a few others yelling in the background (as they were on the stage too and we were doing a mock court) "HANG EM" and other such nonsense.

I was so embarrassed at the time. Why, I don't know. I should've been yelling with them!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 am

I remember that play. I think I made up all my lines. Mr. Johnson was pissed but Mrs.Evans came up to him and said that she loved it so he cut us slack. Remember when most got a failing grade because he tested on stage production and we had no idea what the hell he was talking about. I recall throwing Katy Pat across the room a day before we were supposed to be going to banquet together. Dram sucked.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:59 am

I don't remember the failing grade part. Maybe that is cause Mr. Johnson had a sick fascination with me as he did many of the cute girls in chorus. He had my senior picture in his office that showed a little of my belly...and he would make comments about how i was naughty for showing that.

Secondly...why did you throw KP? I remember it...but no clue why. I do also remember that bright red bow tie you wore to match her dress. Such a cute couple Wink

And I loved Drama...didn't do crap in that class.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:19 am

She for some reason hit me. I don't know why she thought it was a good idea but I let it slide then she hit me again so I grabbed her in the choke hold and threw her into the chairs. Banquet was still fun though we just pretended it never happened.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am

Hurley, you said I was your only one! But then again, there is a HUGE difference between bleachers and chairs. Julie, the thought of Mr. Johnson looking at your picture and calling you a naught little girl just made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. GROSS!
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:50 am

It sounds like Hurley has a bit of a pattern here.

Thanks, Julie, for taking the heat off of me and adding to the gross Mr. J images now floating around in people's heads.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:54 am

See I told you guys I am an asshole.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Sorry guys...I had to deal with that fool on a regular basis and see that picture in his office everyday! And it isn't as if I offered him one...he took one out of someone's hands in chorus!! But I am still sorry that I threw that image at you guys!!

I refuse to believe Hurley is an asshole...just misunderstood?
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love Mr. J. even though he freaked me out MANY times. I can only say that I can top you Julie. He may have had your picture in his office, but you didn't spend nights at play practice alone with him after everyone else was gone. I think I made Janet stay one night because I didn't want to be alone with him. He told the guys some out right dirty jokes that should have gotten him in trouble. Erica had the same part I did, but for some reason I had to stay and she didn't.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Does anyone remember the horrible comment he made to Stephanie H. about needing to wear bandaids? He should have been fired for that. He should have been fired for a lot of comments he made. Why oh why did none of us report him to someone on the faculty?
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:51 pm

I forgot about Erica being the other Dorothy. I much prefered carrying you of stage.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:55 pm

oh man...jennifer, i do not envy you. i didn't mind having mr. johnson in class at all...but i wouldn't have wanted to spend any alone time with him!
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 3:51 pm

My most embarassing moment was trying out for JR High Cheerleading. What the hell was I thinking? I'm not athletically inclined anyway and then I thought I actually had a chance at being voted for?? I was so embarassed!
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Larkjenn wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love Mr. J. even though he freaked me out MANY times.

On the Chorus trip to Canada he thought I was being too loud in the hall of the hotel so he, LITERALLY, leaned on me and crushed me up against the wall while he lectured me on needing to be more quite. This was before the Gastric Bypass so he was still Tiny. To this day I have a fear of Morbidly Obese people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarrasing High School Moments   Embarrasing High School Moments Empty

Back to top Go down

Embarrasing High School Moments
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: