Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

do you remember...

Go down 
+13
Susan_Hughes
Brandi
heatherD
Nick_Smith
benniepaul
jaj.atl
skyla
DBaker
kvgamble
Dave Slate
spelling bee massacre
Allen
hurley1313
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Did anyone else think Mrs.Burkett looked like Mrs. Doubtfire.

Mrs. Heads husbands name was Richard. We were always saying how funny it would be if her husbands name was Dick Head and then someone asked her and it turned out it was Dick Head. I think I fell in the damn floor laughing when she told us.

Did our senior class win any events. I think we lost everything, we even lost home coming. What a bunch of slackers.

We all know how strict Miss. Smith was. Was anyone else in her class when Mike Menn for some reason burst in right in the middle of class and threw a snowball and then tried to run. He was the only Asian guy in the High School. It wasn't to hard to figure out who did it.

Anyone remember the kid that pissed all over Justin Purkey's shoes.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 pm

i remember the pee bandit our senior year.

funniest thing i remember is Wayne Beasley tommyboying Seppies car door on Chad Wilsons car.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:30 pm

I heard about it but didn't see it but its still funny.

The lunch box bandit happened our senior year i think. Wasn't it Tia Greer. I mean I had one or two myself but I think Tia was getting like 3 a day for a while. Dumbass middle school kids just leaving their lunch boxes in the middle of the hall all tempting me and crap what did they expect.
Back to top Go down
spelling bee massacre
Admin
spelling bee massacre

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:17 pm

I thought my lemonade was a lil salty. Neutral

for real though, you never told me about this allen. you guys were messing with other kids' lunches? not bad man. Basketball
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Who said I Appreciate at least 3 times in every sentence.

What were the biggest rumors going around? There were alot but I think the biggest was the Miss. Thomas-Miss. Smith thing.

Wade Ford having an artifical something ranks up there to.
Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Coach Baliff! I think he was an awesome guy, despite all the time I spent in his office. (Like when he caught me smoking in the Jr. High Gym women's bathroom.) Razz

And I remember that rumor about Wade Ford. Everyone was calling him "Tubey" behind his back. ..We were some mean kids. ..I wonder if anyone ever told him.
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 pm

Ya he knew about that.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Does anyone remember Mrs. Head reading Maya Angelous sexual poems?
When she read

"Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I walk like I've got diamonds
In the middle of my thighs"

our whole class burst out laughing.

It was sick to hear her read that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:59 pm

I'd pay to hear Mrs. Head read that. She must have stopped after your class cause I never heard it.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:16 pm

Oh, yes she did read it for our class. And then she recruited some upper class chick to come read it in some way over the top sexy way. She should have lost her job for causing impure thoughts among sophomore boys when she had that girl in there!
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 pm

That must have been the last year that she read it, because I do not remember her reading it for ours class. I would have probably passed out to hear Mrs. Head read that.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:22 pm

I must correct Phillip...we won Floats senior year...but we were the first senior class to ever lose food drive. We were pitiful and damn proud of it.

Who was in Spanish with me??? Do you remember Paul aka Barney getting up in front of the class and singing? The faves were something Green Day and Crash Test Dummies. Classic.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:48 am

jaj.atl wrote:
I must correct Phillip...we won Floats senior year...but we were the first senior class to ever lose food drive. We were pitiful and damn proud of it.

Who was in Spanish with me??? Do you remember Paul aka Barney getting up in front of the class and singing? The faves were something Green Day and Crash Test Dummies. Classic.

yes...I did strive to be a proper class clown. Pierdo los días cuando usted podría conseguir la atención para actuar como un imbécil.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 7:38 am

Let me try to use this old rusty Spanish translation: I think of the days when you could (something) the attention to an idiot (imbecile). Let me try:

Recuerdo los días, mis amigos Paolo y Julia, y estos tiempos son siempre buenos tiempos.

I was in your same Spanish I class, Julie, and I remember I was trying to figure out the name of the song "Shine" by Collective Soul, and you assisted me. Random memory. I also remember opening Miss Thomas' locker cabinet-thingie and removing the hat clip with two antennae that bounce around on coiled springs, and giving them to Seppie. He wore them, and then when she came back in the room, he smiled bigtime and she finally saw it and asked us to put it back. I can't stop laughing, please send the paramedics, I'm dying o' laughter, LOL.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:31 am

The only reason we had fun in that class is because Miss. Thomas was so busy she never stayed in the classroom. Thankfully she had a soft spot for class clowns or we would've been in deep shit every day!

I needed you guys last week while I was in Mexico. I don't remember hardly anything from that class. The only sentence I understood was one of the little girls saying that one of our kids wasn't handsome and i quote "not even a little bit".
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 pm

hurley1313 wrote:
Who said I Appreciate at least 3 times in every sentence.

What were the biggest rumors going around? There were alot but I think the biggest was the Miss. Thomas-Miss. Smith thing.

Miss Thomas - Miss Smith is downright verified. It's not a rumor. I have a friend that graduated in 1996/ I won't mention any names, but she saw Miss T and Miss S out at dinner one night and they told her that they were out on a date and it was their anniversary. What do you make of that?
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:36 pm

I ma still a little skeptical. I saw Ms. Smith a couple of years ago at the Horror movie and tattoo festival. I was like what the hell are you doing here. She was there for a teaching convention but had been booked in the room next to the fest.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:06 am

Didn't they show up to greet Mrs. Street (new band director), who was also a bit suspicious if you ask me, at her house with a bottle of wine when they didn't know all of the students would be there moving furniture? That pretty much settled the question for me.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 2:09 am

skyla wrote:
Didn't they show up to greet Mrs. Street (new band director), who was also a bit suspicious if you ask me, at her house with a bottle of wine when they didn't know all of the students would be there moving furniture? That pretty much settled the question for me.

The only interactions I had with them about this type of thing, involved when I worked at Baskin-Robbins and they both popped in for a dessert. I knew they were friends, that was obvious, so I said, "Both on the same ticket?" and the reply from Miss Smith was, "Do you think I'm going to treat her? No!" and we all laughed about it.

Look, Miss Thomas cares about people. Like she had me tutor someone and it made me feel better as a dude helping another dude with his homework and understanding of Spanish. So I gotta say, that we all had fun in that class (as I said on another thread, pulling out the alien antenna with spring-coils and bobs at the top to put on Seppie's head, and he grinned from ear-to-ear and the first thing she saw when she resumed the instruction was "get that off your head Seppie" and she was smiling bigtime.

Miss Smith helped me every morning with stuff if I needed help with math. I did so well in eleventh grade Pre-Calculus due to her excellent teaching on the material, that she bumped me up to Honors Calculus, which gave me a background enabling me to score an A my first exam at U. of Kentucky. And that isn't exactly a piece of cake. So, they are friends in my eyes, and I will see them in that fashion until they tell me different. We could all speculate, but at the end of the day it's rumors with shreds of evidence gleaned through "I heard this" or "this proves it now" none of which ever convinced me.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:39 am

Who remembers Anderson Cooper being on channel 1. Now he is all serious and his hair got grayer. I used to bust ass to get homework done during channel 1 it saved me more than a few times.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:57 am

oh yeah, he still looks the same. there was an other girl, monica something thats doing something now.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:10 am

The asain chick got some work to. Does channel 1 still exist?
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:13 am

i dont know. Christian doesn't have it in his school. but he is still in elementary school.
edit - looks like it http://www.channelone.com/
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 am

Oh yeah, Channel 1. And don't forget about Raleigh Valveralskdjf;kladhg;oiht;ajoiurtjdeh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Yeah Channel 1! With Lisa Ling, Serinna Aowchoul (spelling?) and Heather Nauert. I see Heather Nauert everyday - I watch FoxNews at work! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

do you remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you remember...   do you remember... Empty

Back to top Go down

do you remember...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Goodpasture In General-
Jump to: