Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Songs and bands

Go down 
+10
heatherD
jaj.atl
Nick_Smith
benniepaul
Larkjenn
kmoore
Brandi
spelling bee massacre
Allen
hurley1313
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 pm

So we might as well think of our favorite Beatles song.
Mine is here comes the sun.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Hendrix= Castles made of sand tied with Red house
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 am

Favorite song by the Beatles is a tie between "If I Fell" and "Penny Lane."
Hendrix - I would go with "Purple Haze"
Let me add to this:

Zeppelin - Ramble On
Pink Floyd - "Another Brick in the Wall Part II"
Green Day - "Basket Case"
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "The Rascal King"
Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
Smashing Pumpkins - The End is the Beginning is the End
and country - my fave singer is Sara Evans
STP - Interstate Love Song
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 am

Castles Made of Sand is my fave also Hurley!! I can't choose just one Beatles song to love...but I do have two extra sentimental reasons for loving "Julia" (dad used to sing it to me when I was a baby) and "I Will" (the only thing I have from my parents marriage is a card that dad gave to mom with those lyrics). Maxwell's Silver Hammer is the funniest Beatles song. I could keep going with them...but I won't.

A random favorite song is "Cecilia" by Simon & Garfunkel. That song makes me happy every time I hear it. I usually end up dancing or bouncing in my seat. "Fool in the Rain" is Zeppelin, "Paint it Black" is Stones, "Uncle John's Band" is Grateful Dead, "Exodus" is Marley, "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" is Dylan, etc. etc. etc.

I will stop before I take up a whole page myself. It is quite nice to be able to converse with people that don't only listen to the "pop" on the radio. I live in a city were rap rules...booooooo.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:42 am

Favorite Beatles song: Julia: I sing it to my daughter all the time.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:43 am

It's a beautiful name Brandi. I wish that my family had always used it instead of opting for the nickname Julie. Nothing wrong with Julie...but Julia is just so much more elegant.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:44 am

Okay Julie, we put that one in at the same time. I actually thought of you when naming my daughter. I always liked your name. I was a little worried about the 2 J's but it worked for you so I decided to go with it.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:49 am

Just be careful of the nickname JJ...it seems to stick more than people want it to. Thankfully I got away from it due to Josh Jarrett and now my new step-bro is named JJ. I have to admit, I have always loved my name. But how many people get to claim they were named after John Lennon's mother?!? Smile
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 am

We will try to stick to Julia when she goes to school, but for now Julie is just so cute! Our little Julie.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:55 am

You sound like my folks!! I didn't get to start going by Julia until my junior year at MTSU. It felt dumb to raise my hand in a class of 300 and ask to be called Julie. So now, professionally and with a good amount of friends I am Julia...church, old buds and family still call me Julie.

Two names can be fun!!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am

Zepplin I gotta go Street corner girl or gallows pole. Gallows pole was an old poem they turned into song. It sucks for the guy cause the hangman took all the money banged dudes sister and hung him anyway.
Songs that make me smile are Kodachrome, Stuck in the middle with you, and Lola
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:59 am

2 names. I can still be called P.J. Joseph Phillip some have shortened it to Phil and Hurley. I get confused alot.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:04 am

LOLA...another all time fave. B.E.A.Utiful!!
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Oh yeah baby! Anyone remember this awesome classic! Tia Carrerre was so hot.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:05 pm

I don't know how but I totally forgot about The Red Hot Chili Peppers(to Allen its red hoy) I heard under the bridge today and got lost in GHS thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:56 pm

NIck- Thank you for the compliment. That means a lot to me. Right now my voice is most used for lullabies or calming the baby.
Speaking of Opryland- I LOVED THAT PLACE!!! That had to be the best summer of my life.

I have a picture that I am going to try to post, but we just gave our scanner to my mom and dad so I will have to go over there and use it. It is from Mrs. Glasgow's little blue kindergarten at Madison C.o.C. When I found it I couldn't believe how many of us were in it.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 12:13 am

Its crazy how many people worked at opryland. I used to go into the New Orleans area to flirt/hit on Kayla. Didn't do me any good though.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:45 pm

I used to make funnel cakes in the western area with Jaime and Marlo DeShon
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:53 pm

i didnt know Kayla worked there.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 11:26 pm

While Brandi was the only one not to go to track shot, I was the only one to not work at Opryland.

Jennifer, while you were working at Opryland I was working for yur dad at Shoney's. I totally loved tat job even though I sucked at it. Jimmy was so patient when I got a secret shopper rating of Super Bad. I though he'd made it up because surely there was no such rating. But alas there was.

Back to music, I have unfortunately created a 5 non blondes fan out of my 4 year old. She runs around singing, "and I try...in this institution...what's going on?" It cracks us up. My iPod is a wasteland of one hit wonders from the 90s.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 11:54 pm

Holy shit I think Skyla is drunk. Its cool though cause most of the time I am too. I've just never seen Skyla make that many mistakes in a post. Don't take it the wrong way chickie I am not being an ass right now but I have heard of 4 non-blondes and I might be wrong you could know about some super group where they advanced themselves a digit. Skyla rocks and I know she is going to kick my ass now but I brought it upon myself. Also I know what sleep deprivation can do, I am an insomniac. No prescription works.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 am

Man, Hurley, this most recent post is funny as anything. I had to laugh really hard. Couldn't help it. You probably are going to get the smack down from her. Put on your riot gear!

Jennifer - you're welcome. Those summers were awesome for us when we were young. I made lots of friends from Middle Tennessee public and private schools, and also people who were working summer break from college. I got employee of the month May 1996. I also remember Miss Glasgow's class - I remember you girls telling me that your shoes were jellyfish or something like that - jelly slippers? My long-term memory's pretty good. I also remember we sang "Blue Skies and Rainbows" and "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock." And Stevie Powers was in our class, and he and I used to play with the wooden blocks. The locusts came that year and we were all horrified by them, running around faster than Mario Andretti.
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 pm

NIck, you are so right on the money! I have our orange Care Bear picture from the end of the year program. They were jelly shoes. I also remember eating the Elmers paste.

Skyla, I guess that I had forgotten you worked at Shoney's. I worked there our Senior year. It really had it's advantages. But at the same time when your dad is your boss he gets to make you do crazy things. One of those being dressing up in the Shoney Beaqr costume in the July/August heat and dancing in the middle of Long Hollow Pike. I guess he figured if I got run over I wouldn't sue him because he would have to pay my medical bills either way.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 1:01 pm

I remember when you were the Shoney Bear!!! That had to stink in that heat!

I also remember going to Opryland with my "summer friends" aka the people that lived in Fairview where Dad is and running into all of you guys. Colin worked there too didn't he? Poor Opryland...all gone.

Ok thought of another huge artist...alanis morissette. One song in particular influenced one of Sissom's many nicknames...and I still use it to this day. OH and the song Bitch by Meredith Brooks...Hope and I would sing that at the top of our lungs while making our road trips.
Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Songs/Bands that remind me of HS?..
Well there are a lot. Nirvana is obvious but definately not the only or best one. White Zombie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pantera, Metallica, Sepultura, MegaDeath, Tool, Stone Temple Pilots, Faith no More, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Green Day.. I know there are many more I can't think of atm. But my favorite band in HS was White Zombie.

Last edited by Dave Slate on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Songs and bands
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: