Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Songs and bands

Go down 
+10
heatherD
jaj.atl
Nick_Smith
benniepaul
Larkjenn
kmoore
Brandi
spelling bee massacre
Allen
hurley1313
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:22 am

There are a ton of songs that when I hear them now I think of high school.
Any Nirvana songs do it.
Old weezer and Green day
Silverchair
What sucks though is when you hear a song from our era on a classic rock station. I mean what the hell man you can't have metallica on 105.9 can you
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:15 am

this one is a big one for me when it comes to high school nostalgia

Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
Allen
Admin
Allen

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:16 am

Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:16 am

Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:18 am

Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:34 am

yes the Cardigans. Skylas keyboard during the talent show. That was funny. Everyone was looking around trying to figure out what was wrong.
Back to top Go down
spelling bee massacre
Admin
spelling bee massacre

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:07 pm

oh man music was so much funnier when younger.

I loved seeing these two vids late at night during the summer break. bounce

Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:56 pm

I heard Radioheads Creep and Sublimes what I got on my way home tonight they make it.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:09 am

I remember the first time I saw the Black Hole Sun video. I totally thought I was going to hell for watching them BBQ that poor Barbie doll. Vaseline by STP. Me and Elizabeth Howell used to sing that song all the time.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:11 am

Wow Elizabeth Howell. Thats a name I forgot all about. Did she graduate with us?

Does anyone remember the fart spray incident our freshman year(98 graduates)
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:19 am

No, she ended up going to NSA and finishing there. Fart spray? Oh please refresh my memory.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:01 am

This is a long story and it is best told live but I'll do what I can. Realy though If I was telling you this face to face you would laugh you ass off but reading might not be as good.

Adam Eckhardt and myself met Amy Anderson and her mom in the mornings to be droped off at school. On this paticular morning I brought my can of fart spray, whitch smells worse than any stink bomb or regular fart you could imagine. Before getting out of the car I sprayed unde the passenger seat 2 or 3 times and headed in. Michael Cobb and Wesley Steel were the first people I came across. I let them see and smell the fart spray and they both had instant ideas. Cobbs idea was to spray his girlfriends locker(Elizabeth Howell). I told him if he did it only spay once and he didn't listen and sprayed around 5 shots of shit into her locker.
Wesley wanted to spray Adam Sanderson with it and he did. Wes is around 5'7 or 5'8 Sanderson is 6'4 or 6'5 by the way.

The aftermath was teachers coming out of their classes and thinking the sewer line had burst and calling the plumbers in.
Elizabeth Howell going to her locker and opening it and inhaleing shit and having an asthma attack and having to be carried to the hospital across the street.
Sanderson coming down the hallway grabbing Wes by the throat and screaming WHY DO I SMELL LIKE SHIT in wes's face. With Wes saying no man you don't smell like shit you smell good like flowers, and Sanderson responding WELL EVERYONE ELSE SAYS I SMELL LIKE I SHIT MY PANTS AND I DIDN'T SO YOU DID SOMETHING TO ME.
From what I know Elizabeth dumped Michael, Sanderson forgave Wes and their was no plumbing break. However Mr. Baliff went locker to locker smelling for the orgin of the stench. When he found it in Elizabeth's locker he took a big whiff and upchucked on himself in front of the few students there.

The downside was Amy's mom the next day. By the way this took place in January. Adam and I got into the car and Amy's mom told her to get out. So me Adam and Mom are in the car and these are her exact words" I don't know which one of you took a shit in my car or where but I had to pull over on the side of I65 and throw up because of it. I tried to roll down the damn windo but I froze and got more sick, so if either one of you shits in my car again I will skin you asses".
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:34 am

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:11 am

I don't remember any of this stuff you are talking about happening.

Kayla - I totally agree. Hurley was all about the T&A. I remember being at the banquet our senior year and the three of us were supposed to walk together and that was the topic of discussion. AS a matter of fact Hurley, now that I think about it, you dicussed that with me quite a bit. Now God has blessed you with TWO little girls. Oh the karma!!

Hurley- My first memory of you was Freshman year Latin first day of school. You came in dressed up. I remember thinking WHY is he so dressed up and at the same time feeling so bad for you because you were new and everyone was looking at you. I think that was the last time you ever dressed up again. My how 4 years changed you.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:51 pm

OMG, I was just sitting here laughing so hard that my son came up to me and said "What's matter mommy?"
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:01 pm

T&A all the way thats what I am still about. Do you remember backstage wizard of oz play, those were good times. Yes I do love the female body.
The Karma thing is quite annoying but lucky for me I found a love for firearms. Very unlucky for my girls. So far I have raised them to kick ass and don't worry about feelings so they should be about as hard core as I am which in turn will hopefully turn alot of guys off. If it doesn't than I will.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:04 pm

hurley1313 wrote:
This is a long story and it is best told live but I'll do what I can. Realy though If I was telling you this face to face you would laugh you ass off but reading might not be as good.

Adam Eckhardt and myself met Amy Anderson and her mom in the mornings to be droped off at school. On this paticular morning I brought my can of fart spray, whitch smells worse than any stink bomb or regular fart you could imagine. Before getting out of the car I sprayed unde the passenger seat 2 or 3 times and headed in. Michael Cobb and Wesley Steel were the first people I came across. I let them see and smell the fart spray and they both had instant ideas. Cobbs idea was to spray his girlfriends locker(Elizabeth Howell). I told him if he did it only spay once and he didn't listen and sprayed around 5 shots of shit into her locker.
Wesley wanted to spray Adam Sanderson with it and he did. Wes is around 5'7 or 5'8 Sanderson is 6'4 or 6'5 by the way.

The aftermath was teachers coming out of their classes and thinking the sewer line had burst and calling the plumbers in.
Elizabeth Howell going to her locker and opening it and inhaleing shit and having an asthma attack and having to be carried to the hospital across the street.
Sanderson coming down the hallway grabbing Wes by the throat and screaming WHY DO I SMELL LIKE SHIT in wes's face. With Wes saying no man you don't smell like shit you smell good like flowers, and Sanderson responding WELL EVERYONE ELSE SAYS I SMELL LIKE I SHIT MY PANTS AND I DIDN'T SO YOU DID SOMETHING TO ME.
From what I know Elizabeth dumped Michael, Sanderson forgave Wes and their was no plumbing break. However Mr. Baliff went locker to locker smelling for the orgin of the stench. When he found it in Elizabeth's locker he took a big whiff and upchucked on himself in front of the few students there.

The downside was Amy's mom the next day. By the way this took place in January. Adam and I got into the car and Amy's mom told her to get out. So me Adam and Mom are in the car and these are her exact words" I don't know which one of you took a shit in my car or where but I had to pull over on the side of I65 and throw up because of it. I tried to roll down the damn windo but I froze and got more sick, so if either one of you shits in my car again I will skin you asses".

lol! cheers Razz
Back to top Go down
spelling bee massacre
Admin
spelling bee massacre

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:14 pm

hurley1313 wrote:
However Mr. Baliff went locker to locker smelling for the orgin of the stench. When he found it in Elizabeth's locker he took a big whiff and upchucked on himself in front of the few students there.
that's some unfair BS I didn't see that. there's no way I could have taken him serious if I knew about that. Suspect rabbit
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:29 pm

Hurley- Yes I remember the Wizard of Oz. As for your girls being tough, that will just make the guys want them more. I can just picture you sitting on the front porch with your shotgun. My husband is going to be the same way with Larkin.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:17 am

Since it's songs and bands, I wanted to tell Jennifer I always thought she had a beautiful voice, she is very good at singing. Plus, me, Hurley, Allen, and her all worked at Opryland together, and I got to say hi to all of them.

My favorite songs of high school - I gotta say I loved the song "Creep" by Stone Temple Pilots and it had a cool video. "Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains freaked me out. That's a weird video. I remember "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam really was shocking to many of us. Cardigans were cool, so was Barenaked Ladies, that song "How Bizarre," "Sonny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin, "Insensitive" by Jane Arden, and the videos "Amazing," "Living on the Edge," and "Cryin'" by Aerosmith, even if recent efforts by that last group have paled in comparison. Other good bands were Barenaked Ladies, Mighty Mighty BossTones, Dishwalla, Tonic.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

I am officially playing my high school "mix" on my itunes today.

How about some songs we HATE...like the Barbie World song. shivers.

Blind Melon is one of my all time faves from back in the day...but I think I was mostly known for my love of the Beatles. That, my friends, is still very much the same.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:48 pm

I gotta hand it to you, Julie, that was certainly a terrible song. I like electronic music besides that kinda bubblegum flavor that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Songs I hated, hmmm I have a truckload:
1) Wannabe by Spice Girls
2) Mmmmbop by Hanson
3) Standing outside a broken phone booth with money in my pocket by Primitive Radio Gods
4) Anything Prince did when we were in high school.
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:01 pm

OMG. That Michael Cobb story is freaking hilarious. I would have paid big money to see Bailiff puke after all those time he said "I appreciate you".
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 pm

I think it was worse when I had to sit in his office while he repeated it to me. "That smell was so bad we called the plumbers and I threw up, why would you have something that rotten and why would you bring it and spray it here." Trying not to laugh in his face was difficult. Trying to write a 500 word essay on why I brought it was even harder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Songs and bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs and bands   Songs and bands Empty

Back to top Go down

Songs and bands
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: