Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who liked who?

Go down 
+13
Susan_Hughes
Dave Slate
jaj.atl
kmoore
benniepaul
Larkjenn
kvgamble
heatherD
DBaker
Allen
Nick_Smith
Brandi
hurley1313
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

Who liked who? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 4:13 pm

benniepaul wrote:
I honestly remember having multiple crushes on the color guard ladies. They were always placed on the same bus as the drum line. I had a crush on a different girl every week. I had crushes outside of the band program as well. I know of a lot of girls that crushed on me. Looking back on it, I should have taken them up on it. Hindsight is 20/20 and then some.

I think I remember trying to get you to go out with me or something. Or did we actually "go together" for a little while? I can't remember. There was a time there where I dated most of the drumline. My dad still picks on me to this day. But I couldn't help it. Drummers have great rhythm.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:42 am

I remember my fellow churchgoer Holly asked one of the younger boys in youth if he "wanted to go with [her]" and he replied, "Go where?!" It made us all bust out with laughter. That was very funny. He was a much younger boy BTW and she wasn't being serious.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:57 am

I never asked a girl out. I was always so terrified of rejection that I figured they will ask me or who gives a shit. I didn;t ask Katy Pat to banquet but I went with her. I think I was actually visiting the lowly underclassman with Susan Gill (Hughes) when Mary the Freshman(Mobley/whatever new name is) asked me to home coming. Mary was hot so I of course said yes and oddly enough turned down many other request. The rest is old history. I think Mary and I dated for 3 maybe more years or so and called a quits. But I am married now and I never asked any girl out. i always considered myself a weirdo freak and now I don't care but I was stoked then to be around all you sexy ass girls. Tisha and I had a small thing going and I know what killed it, but it happens and I am sorry for it.

Understand that I went to an inner city middle school and the population was 80% black and 20% white. Out of the 20%, 10% were female and out of the 10%, 5% were pregnant. Goodpasture was a blessing. I think I've mentioned this before but its worth saying again.
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:31 am

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:39 am

heatherD wrote:
benniepaul wrote:
I honestly remember having multiple crushes on the color guard ladies. They were always placed on the same bus as the drum line. I had a crush on a different girl every week. I had crushes outside of the band program as well. I know of a lot of girls that crushed on me. Looking back on it, I should have taken them up on it. Hindsight is 20/20 and then some.

I think I remember trying to get you to go out with me or something. Or did we actually "go together" for a little while? I can't remember. There was a time there where I dated most of the drumline. My dad still picks on me to this day. But I couldn't help it. Drummers have great rhythm.

I considered "us" as dating. We were young and it did not last long. I do remember grossing your sister and Mike H. by making out on your parent's couch. Razz
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:00 am

Awwww...Phillip is the best. I do wonder how many of those top girls would've said yes, if you had ever asked. I am sure there would be more than you knew. Especially seeing that Jennifer said she had a crush on you and I am now admitting my huge soft spot for you. I loved you and always will Smile

Does the song "I'm not a player, I just crush a lot" ring a bell? That was my theme in college and if it were around in hs, it would've been appropriate. There was a game called "Could you, would you?" that a few of us girls played...and we would go through a list of boys and give a yes or no to the above questions. I usually gave yeses!

The biggest crush I ever had, I finally got to date senior year. It was no secret though...and I think Susan had the same thing happen with her...the same boy too Wink Where is Brad Parnell by the way?!
Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:18 pm

People you have a "thing" for seemed to change every month back then. I was with Lauren for most of my HS years, so I wasn't ever really looking for anyone to go out with. But, of course, there were still people that caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Brad Parnell is teaching somewhere. and he bartends at Rafferty's in RiverGhetto at night. i've stopped by and seen him a couple of times. talked to him more in one bar sitting than i ever did in 4 years of HS.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:30 am

Thank you Allen! Of course with me living in Atlanta, I am pretty sure I won't be running into him or any one else. When I make my next trip up though, I might have to gather up a few of you fools.

Also to Allen...I refuse to believe it was hard to date multiple people back then. I actually dated a few guys at the same time senior year...the only person who ever called me out on it was my youth minister!! I went to a wedding of one them this past year...of course, I was Angeline's date...but I was still there!

You know...I think most of my old crushes are married now. I do wonder how many singletons will be at our reunion.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:37 am

Well I don't see Eckhardt getting married anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:59 am

for the guys it was. you girls were too close knit. also, that school was so small, after 4 years, most of you were like sisters anyways.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:09 am

I've always wanted to get with sisters.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:05 am

1. Yay...a single friend to talk to. Although Adam DID call me fat Razz
2. Don't think I was THAT close to any of the girls. Heck, my sorority sisters and I dated half of the same people. On one of my first dates in college, my sorority sis came with me...and she had dated the dude before me!
3. Not surprising Phillip...
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:58 pm

My fear of rejection was super high, as I said before. But one of the girls on the list showed some interest, inviting me to parties, coining nicknames for me ("Nick Nolte" and "Nicolas Cage") as though I could equal those guys. Shah! As if!

But the thing that was really telling was, "Have you kissed a girl before?" I was way caught off guard. I thought, why would she ask me that? Maybe I could also file that under "most embarrassing moment." My answer was, "Yeah, but you don't know her - she goes to another school." Then I was quizzed again, "Oh yeah? What school." I maintained that it was a Hendersonville High girl. I had a backup name but the name wasn't asked. She just said, "OK, that's cool." I was sweatin' under the nervousness!!
Back to top Go down
Susan_Hughes
Class of 1998
Susan_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Ok so am I the ONLY one brave enough to mention Jevin Moore? And what about Matt and Brandon? And I had it bad for Frank Batson when I was in 9th grade! Or was it the 8th grade? I don't remember. He was way too old for me at the time, but why limit yourself when it's only fantasy anyway?
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Oh we all had a thing for Jevon...especially in track. That was a great inspiration. And I think most girls had the Brandon and Matt crush...although I think I was immune to the Brandon crush. Poor guy had to drive me to and from school while he didn't have a radio in his car...it was always SILENT!

I had a huge thing for Craig Turner...along with some other people that are on here!! But he knows about it now...think I blabbed my drunk mouth in college.
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 8:07 pm

I had a HUGE crush on Jevin but he knew it. I didn't have a crush on Brandon but I was in love with his brother.

Julie- was the Craig comment meant for me? I dated him but didn't have a crush on him in school. He was out of school before we even really knew each other, so he doesn't count. He is one of the few guys I've dated that I am friends with still.
Back to top Go down
BallCoach
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Julie I think besides stealing about 10 dollars in quarters from you know all of my little crushes .... its funny to laugh at now.

by the way whats the interest on 10 dollars for 13 years lol
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:39 am

Actually the Craig comment wasn't for you...although I did sit with you guys at the senior banquet. Haven't talked to Craig since he got hitched...do you know how he is doing? Need to bug Sissom to see how that crew is.

Phil, I didn't steal those quarters...you were just sweet enough to donate them every time your foul language damaged my innocent ears Wink And I do remember you had quite a few ladies you fancied.
Back to top Go down
tisha
Class of 1998
tisha

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:43 pm

I know this comes late, but I am just now figuring this whole thing out!
Phillip I am glad that my rack caused you so much joy in high school! What is the "more" that you speak of? You can P.M. me that! I remember our "thing." By the way, I didn't think you were a weirdo freak or whatever you said of yourself!
Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 pm

I had a certain thing for someone I am thinking of. I think she knew, but I doubt anyone else did.. I made it a point to tell her I thought she was beautiful each day. ..She probly thought I was a psycho. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Well Dave I am sure that that post was some secret meassage sorta post that only the other person would know. With so few new members as we seem to be getting it should pop out but in any case we are 10 years out so again don't take offense but let the nuts drop and name the lovely. I had to list mine according to Brandi so you should to.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:32 am

Dave, I am backing Hurley with this one...put on your big boy britches and man up Wink
Back to top Go down
jasmith
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:51 am

Wow, this thread is just so...interesting...I'm not sure I can embarrass myself by naming all my crushes in high school on here just yet...so I'll hold off...I will say my biggest crush from like 8th grade thru sophomore year was on Randy Bookman...I remember Kayla Hatley and I talking about it one day I think freshman year. He was always so nice to me...now I'll have to think about posting more crushes. Razz
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Jes, you had more crushes than will fit into one thread. I hae shoe boxes full of notes to prove it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who liked who?   Who liked who? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who liked who?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Goodpasture In General-
Jump to: