Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite teacher?

Go down 
+9
jaj.atl
heatherD
kvgamble
skyla
Brandi
Nick_Smith
benniepaul
Allen
hurley1313
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favorite Teacher
Mrs. Evans
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap9%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Dr. Dennis
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap27%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Coach Baugh
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap27%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Coach Hamlett
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap23%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
The Snooze Mr. Hayes
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Mrs. Frogge/Mansfield
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap0%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mrs. Hagan
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Miss. Smith
Favorite teacher? I_vote_lcap4%Favorite teacher? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Miss. Thomas
 0% [ 0 ]
Mrs. Heintzman
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 pm

Who was your favorite teacher?
Mrs.Evans For me. A teacher that will let you bring a couch to use instead fo a desk is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:07 pm

i voted Baugh with Hamlett as a close second.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Baugh had a couch or two. Helps prove my theory. Desks out sofas and loveseats in

Last edited by hurley1313 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 pm

My favorite teachers did not make the poll. If I had to choose one from the list above, I would have to say Dr. Dennis. He was a kind and genuine person.

My favorite teachers that did not make the list are Mr. Senn and Mr. Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:10 pm

ah, the music and chorus teachers. Mr. Johnson was a cool guy, i never had any interaction with Mr. Senn.

get an av you two.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 pm

I could only put 10 on the poll
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 2:01 am

Favorite teacher - well, I put a lot of thought into this. Each of the teachers that have been listed in the poll or mentioned by you guys have interacted with me through either classes or extracurriculars. I really had to think. I chose Miss Smith, and I did so because she taught so well, mastered the material and presented mathematics clearly. Once we got further along (Calculus) I found it difficult, but I passed the Calculus One class in college anyway, much credit to her for the preparation for it.

If I had to choose multiples I would say Mr. Senn, Ms. Evans, Ms. Thomas, Mrs. Hagan, and Mr. Hamlett in no specific order. I love them and enjoyed being around them both in class and on the band field or in the food drive.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:16 am

I chose Mr. Hamlett because of the college prep thing. I pretty much got to sleep through a couple of world history classes. I should have taken latin with him, or spanish. When am I EVER going to use french?
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:21 am

haha, that's what i said when i got out of HS, why the hell did i take french? our class was pretty cool, though.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Latin with Hamlett was funny as hell. I was one of the many who could not translate anything but to hear that crusty old man make fun of me and many others was very enjoyable. I did feel bad about leaving Mrs. Head off the list. Honestly I had no dealings with Mr. Senn and Mr. Johnson I could have cared less about, but now the polls have moved to 15 so in the future you will have more options, I love this junk so there are many more polls to come in the future.(that last line came out of a xxx movie I think)
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:55 pm

Allen, do you remember in freshman french when every time Mrs Tegarden left the room Wayne Beasley would say "Je ain't got no penis" only Je means I. That was so hillarious!
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:57 pm

oh, yea. i've thought about that from time to time. anyone seen Wayne lately? he's ripped. and getting married soon.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Hamlett was cool, but Latin did me no favors. Trash can bets were pretty awesome, though. Mr. Johnson wins my loyalty because he taught me his signiture so that I could write myself a pass out of classes anytime I wanted. I used that a few times. H was always inviting Wes and I over to make Candy and watch movies. He was so needy it was cute.

Aren't he and Coach Hamlett related? By adoption or something?
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Mr. Johnson was always really nice. But I think that even after Mr. Senn left he was still my favorite. Ms. Nowell was sweet.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah I think they were cousins but you being up in the great north there you must have forgotten that most people in the south are cousins. Hell me an Allen were backwoods related for a little while.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Yeah, up here they call us southern type "Kissin' cousins." It made it hard for me to get a job until I quit saying "ya'll" and the trailer park jokes just never end! I married a CA guy just to be sure I wasn't inbreeding. cyclops
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:21 pm

I voted for Coach Hamlett. When I took Spanish in college, having Latin for a base was extremely helpful. That and I still love to say "she's back and she's mad" except I always get bewildered looks from people. I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 1:15 am

I remember, though, the first time Jenny D realized that there was more than one BEAUTIFUL ONE. The disappointment at realizing that Coach Hamlett recycled nicknames was just more than she could take. The nick name thing was great, but I always felt bad for the one or two people without them.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:03 am

I was one of the ones without them! It was bothersome at first...until I realized that half of the names were degrading. Hamlett and I had a little discussion about it on a boat in Greece.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:06 am

I didn't get one personally but my entire row were called the 5th Street Lizards. We got a sign made and put it on the wall. I think it was Donnie Givens, Jackson Hester, and me
Back to top Go down
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:34 pm

Coach Baugh. He was a good teacher.
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 pm

I remember Coach Baugh never actually checked the work on our assignments. Me and some other people would just write the question in the form of a statement as the answer. Sometimes we would just write nonsense. He never noticed. I passed Government with flying colors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
Misty,spaz
Class of 1994
Misty,spaz

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Mine was Coach Baugh...that man let me do whatever I wanted as long as it wasn't exam time. Not to mention he was my first period teacher, which made the day easier..more sleep (zzzz.zzzz Smile-
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Coach Baugh definately. he did my wedding.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Baugh was cool. He took a spitwad to the head and didn't get pissed but Mrs.Evans offered to pull some strings to get me into a college I couldn't afford that meant alot. I didn't take her up on it but the offer was enough so solidify her as my #1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite teacher? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite teacher?   Favorite teacher? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite teacher?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next