Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seen any old GP staff?

Go down 
+2
Allen
Dave Slate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

Seen any old GP staff? Empty
PostSubject: Seen any old GP staff?   Seen any old GP staff? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm

I saw Wayne Bailiff last Sunday night! He was just like I remembered him. We didn't get to talk long, but he is teaching at a public school in Joelton somewhere. He was always a great guy. No matter what was going on he'd always make time to stop you in the hall and tell you he, "appreciates you and your Christian attitude."
He was very excited to see me. I thought about telling him of this site but decided not to. I think that'd probly be a little odd..

Anyway, have you seen any old GP staff lately?

Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Seen any old GP staff?   Seen any old GP staff? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:22 pm

I would love to see Mr. Bailiff, what a great guy. I have seen a few of them over the years. I went to Coach Baugh's church before I moved, he baptized me and did my wedding.

I saw Coach Philips out a couple of times.

I saw Mr. McCarley right after he retired at a restaurant I was working at. He was nice.

I think that's it.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

PostSubject: Re: Seen any old GP staff?   Seen any old GP staff? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 6:57 pm

The only person I can think of right now was Barry Potts. He is Mrs Potts husband (Mrs Potts taught 1st grade and Mr Potts was the elementary P.E. teacher before Miss Rice was there) He is now a principal at Gra-Mar middle school. I got a chance to talk to him because my oldest daughter and I was at Gra-Mar for an open house. My husband was talking to him earlier that night and then later on I got a chance to talk to him. At 1st I didn't really realize who he was. He had ask me what school I went to and I told him Goodpasture. He then was asking me what teachers I had and I told him. So he then ask me who my 1st grade teacher was and I told him Mrs Potts so he then told me he was Mrs Potts husband, that was when I realized who he was. We talked for a while about some of the teachers.

I heard from a friend that Mrs Senn passed away. Does anyone know anything about this? Is this really true? I have heard about Mrs Henderson and Miss Mize. Have any of our other teachers passed away?
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997
DBaker

PostSubject: Re: Seen any old GP staff?   Seen any old GP staff? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Yes - Mrs. Senn passed away around 5 years ago I think. I know it happened since I moved to Phoenix and I've been here 8 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Seen any old GP staff?   Seen any old GP staff? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 1:54 pm

Mrs Senn did indeed pass away quite some time ago. Her brain tumor came back. Mr Senn now lives with Davie & his wife (I think). He fills his time with a lot of mission trips though.

As for me, I have seen no staff. I can't say that I'm crying over it either.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Seen any old GP staff?   Seen any old GP staff? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:45 am

I was working at a store in Antioch when a customer was asking me where to find the Heffalump movie. We were talking, and he said he was going to go see his kids' band teacher. I asked who, told him I had been in band, and he said "Mr. Senn." So, the same day, I went to St. Thomas and had a good talk with Mr. Senn. Seems he had mitral valve prolapse (MVP) in his heart and he was given a new valve in surgery. I helped him get up and walked him to his bathroom. It was so good to see him! I always loved it when people would be talking in Jr. High band and he would lecture us about "civilization" that we needed to act better. I also loved it when he would tell us "A Mack truck could fit through that hole!" So funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any old GP staff?   Seen any old GP staff? Empty

Back to top Go down

Seen any old GP staff?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Goodpasture In General-
Jump to: