Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mixed Martial Arts

Go down 
+4
spelling bee massacre
benniepaul
hurley1313
Allen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Allen
Admin
Allen

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Is anyone here interested in MMA? UFC, WEC, Pride, EliteXC, TUF, Dream, M1, K1, any local events, or just martial arts im general?

This is one of my favorite subjects, so I wanted to start a thread about it. I currently am training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and a little bit of boxing at guardianmma. if anyone in Murfreesboro wants to train in mma, bjj, muay thai, boxing, judo, wrestling, or basic self defense, check out this website. www.guardianmma.com

and tell me who you like if you watch. a few of my favorite fighters are:

Renato "Babalu" Sobral
Chris Leben
BJ Penn
Andrei Arlovski
Rich Franklin - that is who i am standing with in my av.

Here is a bigger picture.

Mixed Martial Arts L_0f70596a09a3c0796fc6e7faaf713d-2
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:13 am

I can't pronounce or spell my favorite fighters name, but he is a crazy chubby russian looking guy from Pride. He doesn't look like he can fight but he is a beast and his brother rocks to.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:30 am

that would be Fedor Emelianenko. he is currently the number one ranked heavyweight in the world and undefeated. even though he hasn't faced ranked competition in 3 years. his next fight is against former UFC champ Tim "the Maine-iac" Sylvia". should be a good fight.

Mixed Martial Arts 61_l

i prefer his brother Aleksander

Mixed Martial Arts Alexander_emelianenko_01

here is Aleksanders coolest fight ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zq2c3K5HcY

Last edited by Allen on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 1:12 am

a few of my favorite fighters are

Chuck Liddell
Urijah Faber
Ken Shamrock
Tito Ortiz

Mixed Martial Arts Ufc49_chuck_liddell_015 Mixed Martial Arts 2626-Urijah%20Faber Mixed Martial Arts 24259901 Mixed Martial Arts 24259888
Back to top Go down
spelling bee massacre
Admin
spelling bee massacre

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:56 pm

eh, let me know when brock lesnar fights kimbo. scratch
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:10 pm

Love Fedor he looks like he just stumbled out of a pub but man he takes people in seconds not rounds.
Back to top Go down
drice
Class of 1997
drice

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:13 am

jason davis is my favorite bantamweight fighter
Back to top Go down
spelling bee massacre
Admin
spelling bee massacre

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:18 am

JD's finishing move is amazing. he walks the ropes and then BAM! Mad
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:57 pm

Am I the only chick with a closet interst in this stuff? The night beforeI left home for Oregon my dad and I just sat around and cried so to cheer ourselves up we went and rented a ton of Ultimate Fighthing videos. My husband looked shocked. He thinks it is the most aweful thing in the world so we've agreed not to speak about it because I think it is so fascinating to see how the different styles match up and to see the little guy completely blast some giant dude. It's great.

With a husband who equates it to a crime and kids who are obviously not old enough to watch, I am out of the loop. But back in the day I couldn't get enough of Gracie vs. Shamrock. and Tank. I have to say, though, that I want to throw up at the thought of these guys ending up in entertainment fighting. It dishonors their skills. When you get too old to take it, drop out. Don't sell out.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyWed May 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Mixed martial arts is the greatest thing since boxing. I truly admire the strength and courage of these well skilled fighters. I know Mauy Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu can be the most effective fighting, but I wish there were more versatile fights. I usually watch matches on you tube and versus television station.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:40 pm

What about jeen kun do - Bruce Lee's method? Is it a pretty good one to use? I watched the movie about him, and have looked at the book before.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Jeet Kun Do is a great fighting style. I admire Bruce Lee. He trained Chuck Norris and Kareem Abdul Jabar.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyWed May 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Nick_Smith wrote:
What about jeen kun do - Bruce Lee's method? Is it a pretty good one to use? I watched the movie about him, and have looked at the book before.
I know one guy in the UFC that uses JKD. His first fight was amazing, his second, he gassed. It was in Denver, a lot of the fighters did. Watch this 24 second clip of Timothy Boetsch (JKD practitioner) tearing up David Heath.

Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:58 pm

Anyone see this last night?

Mixed Martial Arts Ktfo
Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 pm

I didn't see it but I can't say I am suprised. Liddell just dosen't seem to have it anymore. I never liked him much anyway. Bring back the good old days with Tank Abbott. I am sick of all the grapling and ass grabing. I want to see bone and blood.

PS - In the most recent days when I was watching UFC, Krokov was the man..

Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 2:35 am

For those of you who did not see the Fedor/Time Sylvia fight.

Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Any thoughts about Lesner vs Couture. I remember when Lesner came to wwe. I am gonna try to watch the bout Sat night.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:28 pm

I say Lesnar takes it. If anyone can beat him, it will be Randy, but the size, speed and strength advantage are too great. Randy will have a great game plan and has a great chance, but I heard an interview with Heath Herring where Heath said Lesnar weighs 290 on fight day. Shocked
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyTue May 19, 2009 11:33 pm

Whats the word on next Nashville UFC fight? First one was bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:12 am

I don't see one coming to Nashville any time soon. Dana hinted at Memphis for the next one. If I go to another one, I'm spending some money on some good seats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixed Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Martial Arts   Mixed Martial Arts Empty

Back to top Go down

Mixed Martial Arts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Sports Discussion-
Jump to: