A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you afraid of?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
benniepaul
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:01 am

i am afraid that our country will go into a quicksand depression and our standard of life will be lowered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:03 am

Don't worry about that. Since the Great Depression, our government has set up to many catch falls. The stock market actually fell in the 80's farther than it did in the 20's, but we didn't feel it near as bad b/c of the planning.

- me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://goodpasture.forumakers.com
Larkjenn
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:25 pm

I am extremely afraid of heights. I panick on those Firemen's poles on kids playsets. I know that I could jump off the whole set and be fine, but it scares the devil out of me.

I am also afraid of mice. I called my dad at 3 o'clock in the morning on my cell phone from my bedroom (upstairs in their house) when I was home from college because I heard a mouse in the room. He came upstairs but wasn't happy. He thought that I was calling to tell him that I was in an accident or something. They had gone to bed before I got home and didn't know I was home yet. I slept in his bed for weeks after that. He slept in my bed until I went back to school from Christmas break. They then had to move my bedroom back downstairs.

I am also afraid that my husband will die before I do. I can't imagine spending years without him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Susan_Hughes
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:54 am

So Jennifer I have a horrific story for you about a mouse.

I was in Iraq for my first tour and I was sleeping in a small stone building with no heat. These stone buildings stayed pretty cool so they were great for the summer but freezing in winter. I slept wearing everything I owned on that winter and had like four blankets on my bed. Anyway, so I woke up early one morning and had to pee real bad so I pumped myself up to run to the port-a-potty outside. Of course I was freezing so I ran back to my room, jumped in my bed and pulled the covers back up to my neck to warm up quickly. And that's when I felt it ON MY HEAD! It took me a split second to figure out what was on my head and then I screamed, jumped out of bed and grabbed for my flashlight. When I shined it on the corner of my bed, there sat a little mouse looking back at me like, "what the heck are you doing? I was just trying to get warm!" It was so gross! I couldn't believe that mouse had crawled onto my head. I didn't know what to do so I slammed my fist down on the bed and he bounced off. I woke Melissa and Kristen, my roommates, up when I screamed and they freaked out too when they saw the mouse on my bed. It was hilarious watching three Army Lieutenants freaking out over such a tiny mouse. LOL But after he was gone, I checked my covers for more and then crawled back into bed and went right back to sleep. This was like December or January and by then I'd seen so much that not a lot phased me. Melissa and Kristen, however, couldn't go back to sleep.

When I walked over to work that day, I found out that one of the male Captain's next door had one drop on his face from his mosquito net the very same night. Either situation is bad, but I think I'd prefer one on the side of my head than my face.

Judge me if you will, but I found the mouse in our room a couple days later and took care of him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heatherD
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:33 pm

I'm not afraid of mice. There was one in our building up on the 5th floor (my floor) and I was afraid maintenance would kill him so I decided to play humanitarian and take him outside. Call it my "Snow White" personality coming out if you will. Well, I went to pick him up and the little bastard bit me. I still felt sorry for him so I got a small trashcan and flung him in there by the tail and took him outside.

I was sure I had rabies or something but I didn't die. I'm not sure that I would do it all over again though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DBaker
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:14 pm

heatherD wrote:
I was sure I had rabies or something but I didn't die. I'm not sure that I would do it all over again though.

Did you not even go to the doctor after you got bit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
heatherD
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 pm

I went to the DR. he said since I "provoked" the mouse, it was likley not rabid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:16 am

I am playing the game Resident Evil 4 (Wii edition) and I am scared of these crazy people trying to kill me at a fast rate. It's a little more intense than, say, Pac-man or Centipede. I still play those too, though.

The worst part is when I hear the voice behind me in the game, and I know he's behind me and I do a 180 and I usually pick the shotgun on that one. Smithereens is all that's left. So I guess you could say I'm conquering the fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:28 pm

With many of you writing about your children, how much they mean to you, and how you fear most something happening to them, I found a couple stories today but here's one that actually happened near a place we all know (Gatlinburg, TN).

In the Great Smoky Mountains park there was an encounter. It was a child and a bear, with no life-threatening injuries or fatalities. Here is the story if you wonder why this rare encounter with a black bear (3,000 of them in East TN alone) happened:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/12/black-bear-attacks-boy-in-smokies-father-also/

There is a photograph there and they have been interviewed several times so you may already have read about this or seen it on TV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heatherD
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 am

that's just crazy. it also shows you what a parent will do to protect their child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you afraid of?   

Back to top Go down

What are you afraid of?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2