Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you play an instrument?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Do you play an instrument? Empty
PostSubject: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 am

What instrument do you play? What gear do you use? Have you experimented with electronic music on a computer?
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Piano/keyboard/trumpet. I play piano/keyboard these days. I use a Yamaha teaching piano. When I want to lay down rhythm and add melody and sound effects, I use fruity loops on my computer. So far a couple of songs, but if I got the MIDI cables, I would be able to do a lot more melody-wise. Also, my keyboard can record 5 separate instruments together as one song. So I program the bass, then the drums, then the melody, then maybe some other instruments or effects, listening throughout the process. I play by ear and I can play songs on demand but sometimes it takes me longer than other songs, and I mess up some but I can pick the tunes out.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:38 pm

I mostly sing now. I am trying to get back into playing bass. I have a beautiful Ibanez 5 string SG.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:16 pm

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Nick also plays the air guitar.Do you play an instrument? 1026148956_l
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Nick_Smith wrote:
Piano/keyboard/trumpet. I play piano/keyboard these days. I use a Yamaha teaching piano. When I want to lay down rhythm and add melody and sound effects, I use fruity loops on my computer. So far a couple of songs, but if I got the MIDI cables, I would be able to do a lot more melody-wise. Also, my keyboard can record 5 separate instruments together as one song. So I program the bass, then the drums, then the melody, then maybe some other instruments or effects, listening throughout the process. I play by ear and I can play songs on demand but sometimes it takes me longer than other songs, and I mess up some but I can pick the tunes out.

That is wonderful! Have you ever experimented with Reason software. I have all the sounds of the Roland Fantom keyboard if you ever decide to make the move to Reason.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 3:30 am

Paul, no I haven't tried it yet. The dude at Sam Ash tries to sell me a keyboard every frickin' time I come in, since it's a commission and a half for those guys. Which I understand.

Hurley - the best laughs come when a person is unsuspecting, like surprises. And when I saw your inclusion of my photo from my old Office Depot days (that's where that was), I laughed my ass off. I love air guitar, and I played guitar for the first time in a long time with my future (unofficial) dad-in-law, Barney, and he likes country so I picked and sang and he did the melody. I can pick out the bass lines, so I use the lowest note-string to do that.

Also, that photo was taken when I wore my goatee. It's now shaved, but I have a Wyatt-Earp-from-the-movie-Tombstone moustache. You'll see why when we all get there.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:39 am

Toys! My Mac is my toy. I hadn't had one since I was young and I absolutely despise windows. My wife let me buy a Mac last year and I love it. Here is what it looks like.

Do you play an instrument? Imac
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you play an instrument?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: