Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)

Go down 
+8
Brandi
DBaker
Allen
Nick_Smith
skyla
hurley1313
jaj.atl
heatherD
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 9:05 am

David! I am so proud of you!! I need to get on aim more so we can chat like the old days Sad
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:24 pm

I dated a girl for five years. I first started dating her my senior year of high school. She was 15 and I was 17 (turning 18 soon). During the first few years, it was wonderful! We had such a great time. It turned from a dream into a nightmare! I had a drug problem and secretly did hard drugs behind her back. I was experimenting with LSD and ecstasy. Sometimes, I even went for a little cocaine. I tried to keep her from it, but she found her way into the same drugs with her friends from school. She secretly moved on to shooting up morphine. Our relationship became that of two idiotic people stuck on drugs. The last year was a tough one. We spent a lot of time arguing over stupid things because the drugs had affected our decision-making process.

I say we were both to blame, but it still sucked none-the-less.

We have since talked out our issues and all is good. I would not ever date her again, nor would she probably date me.

I have not dated since I cleaned up off the drugs, so I do not know if it will get better, but have faith that it will, so ignore the not knowing part. haha I expect that love is just around the corner. I am waiting to go around the corner when I feel I am done walking up and down this street alone.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:35 am

Alone, but you aren't - there are always friends. There is us - people to talk to. I know what you mean about dating, but always imagine that the right girl just hasn't turned her corner to find you. It can happen both ways. I wish you the best in love and the strength we all need in life.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:43 am

At least your off the drugs at a young age. I know too many people who are into their 30's and are still partying like they are in college.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:57 pm

What's the old cleche about recovery and dating? Keep a plant alive for a year...then keep a fish alive for a year...then go on a date. Something like that. With the amount of NA meetings I have attended with my grandma you'd think Id have it down.

Anyway, I am so proud of you, Paul. You're too great for all of that nonsense.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:20 am

thanks for all your kind words.

drugs wasted my life away, but showed how valuable life is...just the way it is. No alcohol or drug could replace the aww=tinglin' feeling gained from life's sweet rotation of unexpected tunes, and those tunes that start to play right when they are needed as if God were a djay.
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Thanks, Paul for turning this thread into something serious. We're supposed to be having fun in here.

I guess I'll tell you guys about what's been happening to me lately. It's really weird. My boyfriend and I went out 2 weeks ago and we checked out this new club/bar on 2nd called Decades. I thought it was pretty cool. Whatever, besides the point. Anyway. Some of my co-workers were in there. I don't know these people. I know them by sight but I don't know their names and I would kinda like to keep it that way. So I order a drink and my BF goes to the gents. While I'm waiting for him to get back, one of the girls starts shouting at me so I can't ignore her any longer. I go over and she's obviously extemely intoxicated and it's only 8:30. We make polite conversation (in a NOISY bar) and then she falls off her bar stool and spills my drink all over me. She is then forced by one of her compatriates to buy me another drink. The BF has come back by the, THANK GOD, and we make polite conversation for a while and then leave to go have dinner. She almost fell on me twice more in a matter of 45 min.

So, me and the BF go to O'Charley's this past Sunday for dinner and I order a drink. He thought I was 19 (how cute). He eventually brings it and right afterwards spills someone elses Margarita on my foot. It's a good thing I was wearing flops and capris. ICEY. He said he has never dropped a tray before.

All I can say is: I don't want the drink on me, I want it in me. Got it?
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:32 am

Ha ha! That's a good way to put it - not on me, in me.
My adventures in dating in the extreme past include a "girlfriend" who doesn't respect my family in private, talks badly about my parents, as if her father is impoverished. Which he wasn't (successful businessman). She also comments on me - that I don't love her, that I never loved her, that I never liked her, that she came on to me, that I patted her on the head once before we ever thought about dating (it was meant as empathy). Get the picture? When she was out of my life, I had a clean slate with no drama.

I still live the same way - every bad experience leads you to be more discriminating about who's the right one.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 pm

And with that this thread died. If mine was negative, let's ignore it and get this back up and running. Sometimes I don't even know what I was talking about when I wrote that. I'm like, "Was that really me?"
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:49 pm

I don't think I posted this little gem anywhere yet.
Some backgroung info... My wife's brother until a few months ago was married to Allen's wife's sister(so in a Portland kinda way Allen and I were related) Aleen and his lovely wife Karmen got me and mine together. They of course knew her and her brother and family and so on. Some how Allen left out a small detail about my wifes past when telling me about her. As most of you know I have no filter and preatty much say and do what I want. I also have an amusing knack of saying the wrong thing alot.

First date we had a good time but started late so alot of places were closing and we were trying to think of something else to do. A few days before the date a guy got drunk and fell into Percy Priest lake and drowned. So the headline was still fresh to me. I suggested for some damned reason that we could get really hammered and see who could last the longest in the lake. Her response was "Um, thats how my dad died". So of course I am like oh thats funny whatever. As it turns out her father did drown in Percy Priest lake. I felt like quite the ass and still don't get why Allen knowing me didn't tell me this sweet bit of info.

For some reason she still ended up marrying me. I've said it before and i'll say it again women are out of their damned minds.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 2:02 am

Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 Nelson_ha_ha
Back to top Go down
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Wow, that is sad, strange and effed up.
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 12:40 pm

hurley1313 wrote:
As it turns out her father did drown in Percy Priest lake. I felt like quite the ass and still don't get why Allen knowing me didn't tell me this sweet bit of info.

For some reason she still ended up marrying me. I've said it before and i'll say it again women are out of their damned minds.

That's awesome and twisted at the same time. Have you ever watched the movie Hitch? He fucks up again and again and he still ends up getting the girl. It's almost like watching a bird fly into a window multiple times. We just want to help you guys so bad.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 1:07 pm

And we appreciate any and all help we can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)   Adventures in Dating (or Marriage) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Dating (or Marriage)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: