A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pop/Our culture

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Yeah, I do remember "Out of this World" because I was in sixth grade, and I remember talking about it with my "table," which consisted of Amber, Elizabeth B., Katy Pat, Michael, Philip Pomeroy, and me. That table ruled and we became very good friends and went to Elizabeth B.'s birthday party at the Sportsplex.

Here is the introduction from "Out of This World," the TV show:

Last edited by Nick_Smith on Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hurley1313
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Out of this world did rock. Good for you David, I would have banged Clarissa myself.
Small Wonder was another odd one. The chick was a robot and always had the red dress. Nothing beats Punky Brewester. I wanted her and when I heard she had a breast reduction I was stoked. I figure if she had enough to lose a little than there was still plenty left for me.
Alyssa Milano from who's the boss is still the hottest girl from our tv era.

Nick_Smith
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:13 am

Oh my gosh, Alyssa Milano - and she used to be on those "Teen Steam" videos - I'll try to get one of those on here today. I would see that like on Saturday or while watching "teen-oriented"-type shows. Yeah, definite hottie, today she's still as hot as Tabasco.

Small Wonder - I used to watch that around supper time. Do you remember "The Incredible Hulk" TV show and also the cartoon? I liked those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skyla
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:21 am

My husband still has all of his WWF and Ninja Turtle figurines. And I still have my GloWorms. The kids love comparing the old ones to the new ones they make.

More recent flashback, I just got done with the complete My So-Called Life series. They just don't make it like that anymore. It's even better now. Instead of being, "I so relate to Angela," I'm like, "I so relate to Patty (the mom) now. Whoa! When did that happen?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:46 am

I relate to Jordan Catalano.

Wait...no I don't.

- me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://goodpasture.forumakers.com
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:32 am

LOL that was funny, man! It sorta describes teenage ambivalence in a nutshell: "I do , no, then again, I don't." Seeing as how we were talking about "My So-called Life," that's why I made this particular comment about adolescent ambivalence. Just a clarification.

Last edited by Nick_Smith on Tue May 06, 2008 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To clarify the meaning of my post.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skyla
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 pm

Allen wrote:
I relate to Jordan Catalano. Wait...no I don't.

Relate in the mysterious brooding way or in the illiterate alcoholic kind of way? Just kidding!

Brandi was my Rayanne. David was my Brian, then he came out of the closet and became my Ricky. I had a couple of Jordan Catalanos.

Allen, I seem to recall a friend or two for whom you were Jordan. In the mysterious crush of mythic proportions kind of way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hurley1313
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Tue May 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Wow I wish I knew what the fudge you guys were talking about. Why couldn't you just watch the Simpsons and Married with Children like normal people.

Allen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Wed May 07, 2008 8:12 am

skyla wrote:
Allen wrote:
I relate to Jordan Catalano. Wait...no I don't.

Relate in the mysterious brooding way or in the illiterate alcoholic kind of way? Just kidding!

Brandi was my Rayanne. David was my Brian, then he came out of the closet and became my Ricky. I had a couple of Jordan Catalanos.

Allen, I seem to recall a friend or two for whom you were Jordan. In the mysterious crush of mythic proportions kind of way.

lol! I pretend to be the mysterious brooding type. And we're gonna need some names on last remark.

- me
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 pm

they can confess if they'd like, but I suspect I'd be axed even all these years later if I spilled. You can just smile inside knowing what little you know until they come forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DBaker
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Thu May 08, 2008 3:03 am

Aw, Skyla - I was your Ricky? I feel so special. rabbit
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/desertflamers
Brandi
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Thu May 08, 2008 12:23 pm

I was your Rayanne? My mom never did cook. I'm going to have to netflix MSCL and refresh my memory to find out if that's a good thing or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skyla
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Fri May 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Totally good, Brandi. She was a bit edgier and more fun than Angela and always got her to have more of a time. You did that for me a lot. And I have great memories of your mom giving us crazy quizzes from trashy fashion magazines while we ate cookie dough. that was a totally Amber thing to do.

David, love how you glossed over being Brian and cut straight to Ricky. The fact that you loitered around with my mom when I wasn't even home highlights your Brianness. But you taking me to connections the night before my wedding...totally Enrique. Remember, "uh...my buddy?" I replayed that over in my head with such regret. I wish I'd gotten in the spirit and said, "my bitch of honor." Oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brandi
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Fri May 09, 2008 7:12 pm

ooh that's so sweet! Do you remember the time you made me laugh so hard that I spit snapple out of my nose in front of your Young Republican cousins and your Dad was so embarrassed? I guess republicans aren't supposed to laugh, but I hadn't gotten the memo yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DBaker
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Fri May 09, 2008 9:41 pm

I had totally forgotten about taking you to Connections. Ha ha! You totally hated that night. It didn't really turn out the way I planned. But how many people can say they spent the night before their wedding watching trannies and drag queens tromp around? That's got to be worth something. Smile
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Fri May 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Yes, I remember the Snapple incident. My dad was convinced you were either on drugs or a democrat. Both equally evil when the entire Young Republicans wing of the family is in town from Texas.

I loved spending my last night as a single woman watching that tight little piece of gay boyhood dancing in his golden speedo in that plastic box on the end of the bar. But I did enjoy my first visit with you and your bizzar rommates better. It would have all been fun if I hadn't woken up after you had left for work to find your weird ex-preacher, bisexual roommie sliding into bed beside me and telling me that his python had gotten loose. FREAK! What was his name? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Sat May 10, 2008 8:59 am

DBaker wrote:
I had totally forgotten about taking you to Connections. Ha ha! You totally hated that night. It didn't really turn out the way I planned. But how many people can say they spent the night before their wedding watching trannies and drag queens tromp around? That's got to be worth something. Smile
Funny story about Connections:

I worked at Jillians and on Tuesday night we had hospitality night where bartenders/servers got half off deals. So, every Sunday after work we would go flyer at all the diff bars/restaurants/clubs around Nashville. This was also a good way to get free drinks.

Anyways, one Sunday, this guy Shane says we need to go to Connections, I knew it was a gay bar, but our maintenance man at Opryland, Tony used to talk it up all the time, so I was interested in going. Pretty cool bar. We flyer and afterwards we are on the patio drinking at the bar. About 4 of us, Shane the only gay one. I buy the first round of drinks, the bartender brings them, I pay at throw his tip on the bar.

"That's no way to tip him.", says Shane. "I agree", replies the bartender. Then he hands me back my money, takes his shirt off and throws both of his legs on the bar kind of straddling where I'm sitting.

I knew what he was wanting me to do, so i took the money and kind of stuffed it into the side of his pants, withdrawing quickly like I was going to get burnt. Meanwhile, Shane is laughing his ass off. "That's more like it, thank you" the bartender says.

I'm sure my face was pretty red and the bartender looks at me and says, "are you straight?" "Yea", I replied. So he starts laughing, too. "I'm sorry man, I am too." As soon as he said this his whole demeanor changed and I could tell he was telling the truth.

Turns out he just bartends there and plays up the gay thing b/c the money is so good.

- me
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Wed May 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Allen, I can totally picture that and it cracks me up! I remember you working at Jillians. I was at Alabama Grill across the way. There was a manager there that was way too into our manager Corby. We did a lot of sluething around and spying on your side of the hall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Thu May 22, 2008 7:12 pm

Corby was hot, I had a crush on her. I remember she went out with the bartender Todd. I hung out with them a couple of times. He moved to Las Vegas, though. Other than him, everyone was into Corby.

- me
Back to top Go down
DBaker
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Thu May 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Skyla - I forgot what his name was! He was definitely NOT my preacher, but yes he WAS a freak. He was screwing both Tracy and Ruth at the same time, as well as everyone else that came in that house but me. That was sort of the home for wayward gays, plus Linda at the time. Even Linda screwed him. Actually Ruth has a daughter by him and they all live happily ever after in Albuquerque now. But seriously, we had so many roomates in and out of there it was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Fri May 23, 2008 7:54 pm

Allen - yeah, everyone at Alabama was into her too. She was a pretty cool boss. She ended up having the big boss move in with her (nice job security) and they broke up shortly after the demise of the grill.

David - Ruth had his baby? Eww! He was one of the creepiest dudes I have ever encountered. Good for you for not being one of his 100 TN sperm recepticles!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DBaker
Class of 1997

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   Sat May 24, 2008 12:56 am

Yeah, I wonder if her daughter will end up as bald as she is. I had never met a woman with male pattern baldness until I met her. I've actually never met a woman since with so little hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop/Our culture   

Back to top Go down

Pop/Our culture
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2