Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Has anyone seen or heard from the following...

Go down 
+6
jaj.atl
hurley1313
Larkjenn
TiffLopez
Allen
kmoore
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

Has anyone seen or heard from the following... Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:59 am

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 11:09 am

haven't talked to wither of them in quite some time. this is a good thread, i was thinking about doing the same.

anyone talked to Adam Sanderson?
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Hey Kayla, I was friends with Susan on myspace. She is now married and she is now Mrs Hughes. I believe she lives in Georgia. She was hardley on myspace much and her page kept getting hacked into so she deleted it.
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Allen,
I saw Sanderson while I was in college or shortly after. He worked at Home Depot in Hermitage. I know it's a stretch but maybe Davis Slate could ask Lindsay. She and Adam used to be really good friends and rode to school together.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:46 pm

I've seen Katy once since graduation. She was with her husband who I think was named Phillip. I didn't recognize her at first. We only talked for a minute and that was like 4 years ago. Some people just dropped off and don't want to be found or go to a reunion. I think she may fall into that category.
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 9:25 am

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 am

Kayla, Susan lives in Savannah. She is remarried as Tiffany says and I do believe that her hubby is deployed right now. Jeremy is on myspace and I am sure he will give you info. Speaking of...we need to get him on here!

I also haven't seen Katy Pat since the summer after HS. I have heard about her from Jim though.
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 pm

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:49 pm

is susan gonna register here?
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:20 pm

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Susan_Hughes
Class of 1998
Susan_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 pm

I'm here! LOL I had no idea anyone was looking for me. I don't think I was that hard to find though.

So here's the skinny on me. After graduation, I went to UT, graduated from there May 02 and joined the Army. I did my first tour to Iraq as a Second Lieutenant, ran convoys through Baghdad, got shot at A LOT and never wanted to go back so I volunteered for a year in Korea. I absolutely LOVED Korea! The food, the culture, the shopping! I worked a lot and spent quite a bit of time in the field, but it was well worth the experience. After Korea, I had some crazy desire to jump out of a perfectly good airplane with a nonsteerable parachute so I chose to go to Fort Bragg, NC. I graduated from Airborne School and the very day I reported to Bragg, I was told I'd be going back to Iraq in exactly one month. Go figure. Anyway, I did that second tour which wasn't too bad, especially compared to the first and came off active duty shortly after I returned. I met my husband in Kuwait of all places. He's a Blackhawk pilot on active duty and yes, unfortunately, he is doing his second tour in Iraq right now, but he'll be home in late July. I miss him like crazy but the worst is behind us and he'll be home soon. We live in Savannah, GA and in my civilian job, I'm an Executive Team Leader for Logistics with Target Corporation. It's a fancy title for a not so glamorous job. I work my tail off, but it keeps me busy while he's gone. I decided to do the remainder of my committment to the Army in the National Guard so I joined up with South Carolina and I'm an Environmental Officer for the state.

Jeramy and Sandy are doing well and living in Joelton down the street from my parents. I'll be sure to fill him in on the site and get him involved. And Jeff and his wife Amanda are doing well and living in Portland. No kids yet for any of us, but I know Jeramy is hoping Sandy will come around soon. Anyway, that should pretty much catch everyone up on me and my brothers. I'd like some of the same information on some of y'all too you know? And I want pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:52 pm

The beautiful Susan Hughes Gill has joined us. Say hello people and thank her and her husband and I believe Jeremy for their service to our country. Thank you for having more balls than most of the men I know including me. You rock, thank you. Be nice she is pretty and dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:32 am

Susan, hey! Good to hear from you! I remember being in Mrs. East's fifth grade class and the new girls Kayla and Susan. I remember you kicked my chair a lot. I crushed on you that year but that was so many moons ago. Many, many moons ago. I respect you very much for your patriotism and love of God and country. Two tours and I'm so glad you're safe at home in the Guard. I had a coworker go to Iraq, and then Germany. Did you learn any of the other side's language back then? I also remember when we would wait to get picked up in elementary school - you, your brothers, me, my sister. And you had a pet squirrel which I love them. I have a cat now named Patches and my girlfriend's name is Melissa. I hope you get to come to reunion.
Back to top Go down
Susan_Hughes
Class of 1998
Susan_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:51 am

No need to thank me for my service. As you would imagine, I get that all the time and never know what to say in response. I always want to respond with, "well, thanks for paying for my college and for paying my salary!" But I don't. I just smile and say thank you for the recognition. It's not always an easy way of life.

Anyway, as for picking up the foreign languages, I didn't learn any Arabic, when I was on the roads in Iraq, my main objective was to get the hell off of them. I couldn't have cared less about their language. I picked up quite a bit of Korean though and I THINK I might still be able to read the alphabet. Just don't ask me to spell any of it. LOL I guess the only thing you really HAD to know was how to tell Ajashee (pronounced adashi) where you wanted to go in a cab, but most signs and all subway announcements were in English. The most confusing part was that the T and D are the same in Korean. For example, I lived in Dongducheon but it was spelled with a T most times and the slang by soldiers is TDC. But unlike just visiting for a week or so, I was surrounded with it constantly so it was easier to pick up with redundancy.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:34 am

Hey hun!!! When you and Jeramy left myspace I realized I had none of your contact info! So glad you could join us.

I need to make a trip to Savannah...miss that place and you!
Back to top Go down
Susan_Hughes
Class of 1998
Susan_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:44 am

Julie, you've always got a place to stay any time you want to come down. Actually, I just heard from Neely yesterday and she literally lives in the neighborhood behind mine so we could all get together. And it looks like we might be moving up to the big ATL when our military obligations are up. I'm still pulling for moving to Florida but my husband's family is moving to Atlanta next month so it's up in the air right now. But I do know I'll be visiting quite often so we'll have to get together to catch up and I can introduce you to my gorgeous hubby.

I'm curious to know what's going on with Katy Pat nowadays. I looked up her parents contact info on the white pages and I might give her mom a call to see if we can find anything out. I saw where Phillip said he thought she probably didn't want to be found. Does anyone really think that's true? I saw her often in college and even had a class with her early on, but we lost touch after graduation.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 pm

what's up Susan? glad that you have joined us. hope to see you here often. are you going to stay in the Guard or are you out when your commitment is up?
Back to top Go down
Susan_Hughes
Class of 1998
Susan_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:37 pm

I guess that all depends on how the war is going in two years. I'll admit, I really do love the Army and definitely don't want to give it up but nowadays I just can't have the Army and a family. If things calm down or the tours go down to 6 months, I'll most likely stick with it. It all depends on my husband and what he wants to do too. I don't think he's ready to give up his helicopter just yet and is talking about joining the guard as well. So I guess we'll just have to play that one by ear depending on where we end up moving because different states have different types of units.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:55 pm

one of my best friends is in Ft. Rutger AL in flight school. he loves helicopters, too. he spent 18 months in Iraq a couple of years ago and they say once he gets out of flight school he will go back for 12 months. talking to him you'd think he was excited about it. he's one of those guys that bleeds R,W, & B.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:35 am

I love hearing the military talk. Susan, as your brother might have told you...I have dated a lot of military (including the current one) and my new step-bro is a former Marine (and I mean he JUST got out).

Anytime you want to visit...come on up!! I don't know how long I will be living here actually...I have been in the big city long enough. It is time to move on to a more relaxed venue.

Hey Allen...did you attack anyone on facebook with the invite to the forum? I feel sure you got myspace covered. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:01 am

jaj.atl wrote:
I love hearing the military talk. Susan, as your brother might have told you...I have dated a lot of military (including the current one) and my new step-bro is a former Marine (and I mean he JUST got out).

Anytime you want to visit...come on up!! I don't know how long I will be living here actually...I have been in the big city long enough. It is time to move on to a more relaxed venue.

Hey Allen...did you attack anyone on facebook with the invite to the forum? I feel sure you got myspace covered. Just curious.

thanks for reminding me, i did create a facebook and sent out invites to the people in our class only. feel free to hit anyone else up. i stayed up till about 3 in the morning sending out invites on myspace and still didnt get everybody. i didnt feel like doing it again on facebook. please everyone feel free to hit anyone and everyone up.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:30 pm

Anyone know how to get in touch with Bethany? My daughter wears a prosthetic and Bethany was so confident and unaffected I was hoping to pry a little parenting advice from her. My husband was so worried that Hannah was destined for a life as a social misfit, but just having known Bethany gave me so much hope in our darkest times that she could grow up and be totally fabulous and accepted.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:32 pm

skyla wrote:
Anyone know how to get in touch with Bethany? My daughter wears a prosthetic and Bethany was so confident and unaffected I was hoping to pry a little parenting advice from her. My husband was so worried that Hannah was destined for a life as a social misfit, but just having known Bethany gave me so much hope in our darkest times that she could grow up and be totally fabulous and accepted.
I know she is married and just moved back from CA last year. I have talked to Jake a few times, I suppose I could call him.
Back to top Go down
kmoore
Class of 1998
kmoore

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:38 pm

a

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... EmptyWed May 07, 2008 11:30 pm

Thanks. Her parents would probably be like, "Skyla who?" if I called them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen or heard from the following...   Has anyone seen or heard from the following... Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard from the following...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Get Togethers-
Jump to: