Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite sayings of teachers

Go down 
+5
heatherD
jaj.atl
hurley1313
kvgamble
Nick_Smith
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Favorite sayings of teachers Empty
PostSubject: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:11 pm

So we all remember certain things teachers said over and over again. Each teacher had their own sayings. I'll start this thread by saying that you should include either something that you loved that they said, or something they said a lot that annoyed you. Or something funny they said. Here are the examples:

Dr. Dennis - "Surely"
Miss Thomas - "Digame en espaņol" (Translated "Say it to me in Spanish")
Mrs. Head - "Rude and crude," "My Sophomores," "Do not write 'As you can see' "
Mrs. Kilpatrick - "Listen, buster!"
Mr. Hamlett - "History according to Hamlett," "Low calorie air"
Mr. Bailiff - "I appreciate you!"
Mr. Senn - over the megaphone, "I could drive a Mack truck through the hole in that formation!!!," "Everyone take two laps around the bandfield!"
Mrs. Rollins - "Clyse" instead of "Class"
Coach Martin - "first, outer, inner, last"
Coach Reece - "Today is your birthday! We're gonna have a good time!"
Mrs. Hagan - "Go with the flow from high to low" used when describing diffusion, and also used when she was asked how fast we should drive our cars
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:42 pm

What is so funny is that everyone will always remember the "I appreciate you".
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Hamlett also did alot of subtle gay bashing.
Coach Baugh and Miss. Smith bickering back and forth always ammused me along with Hamlett and Mr. Hayes.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Hamlett always saying that if you hear a different answer from another teacher than they are probably right. I was always thinking if you don't know for sure then why the hell are you telling me. I have no idea how much disinformation he spewed.
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:01 am

agreed...I appreciate you is the most famous saying in our school.

now on coach reece...how many of you can claim to know that you actually KNEW what song he was singing when we were in 8th grade?
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Coach Hamlett saying "he's back and he's mad"
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 5:27 pm

how about the infamous turkey gobble that Hayes did every Thanksgiving? not exactly a saying but i must admit, i loved it!
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 5:30 pm

The snow song from Mrs. Evans.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 1:11 am

I do Mrs. Evans's snow song with my kids! They love it!

Again, not exactly a saying, but didn't you have the theme song from Driving Mrs. Daisy in your head for months when Mr. Hayes would show it in every class? I started humming it at the first mention of his name! Aghh!!! I can't get it out of my head!
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 1:46 am

I just can't get that out of my head, either. Russ Denny was saying how it just is so repetitive, and I was like, "Yeah!" That clarinet is nice, but they overdid that. Hayes would also give us the lecture about "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging, whoever is led astray by these is not wise" from the Bible. I gotta say, it depends on which drink. I go with Malibu and coke.

How about "La la" by Mrs. Evans, Coach Phillips always insisting that he was right on any subject under the sun. My sister even told me he still did it when she was in school and she's 5 years younger. But thanks for letting us watch movies in Bible class!
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 am

Speaking of movies shown in Bible class by Mr. Hayes, was anyone else traumatized by the video of all the dead babies on the conveyor belt?
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 am

No but I remember the movie about the old black slave lady.
Back to top Go down
TiffLopez
Class of 1998
TiffLopez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:30 pm

I do remember Mr Bailiff and his "I appreciate you"... well, who doesn't right?
But Mr Hayes and his turkey gobble and Mrs Evans and her snow song were some of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Misty,spaz
Class of 1994
Misty,spaz

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:34 pm

Mrs. Evans introduction to "Trace the Growth of America" and her snow day song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite sayings of teachers   Favorite sayings of teachers Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite sayings of teachers
Page 1 of 1