Goodpasture Christian High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for alumni of Goodpasture Christian High School to chat and catch up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any regrets

Go down 
+8
jaj.atl
skyla
Allen
kvgamble
benniepaul
Larkjenn
Brandi
hurley1313
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:08 am

I try not to regret anything I have done to anyone. If I hurt feelings it was usually needed. I do however wish I would not have drop kicked Brandi. Or said what I said about C.S. M.B. and C.B. with them standing right behind me and fully hearing me because what I said was not needed. That does not make me sentimental or nice. I just had no cause to say it.

My biggest regret was I only dated 1 girl in high school. I really wish I would have played the market a little more. So many boobies that I didn't get to see because of the ones I did get.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:17 am

I absolutely harbor no ill feelings about the drop kick. Like I said, I deserved it. Add that to the list of things I didn't know about Hurley: I didn;t know you had a girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:26 am

Back to the question, yes a couple of regrets. None that I care to voice here.
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:03 am

Cause you band kids didn't hang around the rest of the class. You guys should have branched out we could have had some good times.
Back to top Go down
Brandi
Class of 1998
Brandi

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 9:48 am

You are absolutely right. At the time, I totally didn't realize I was isolating myself because I did have friends. Looking back, I should have taken the time to make sure that I had friends from different circles. Look at everything I missed. Okay, I know you didn't pee in lunchboxes, but that would have been pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:33 am

I'm kind of like Hurley in that I regret only dating one person. NOT FOR THE SAME REASON THOUGH. I regret it because I missed out on so much with my friends. If I had known that I would hardly talk to these people after high school I hope that I would have made an effort to create more lasting memories and good times. But I think every decision that I made has made me who I am today, but if I had known then what I know now, things might have been different.
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:32 pm

hurley1313 wrote:
So many boobies that I didn't get to see because of the ones I did get.

Haha!
Back to top Go down
benniepaul
Class of 1998
benniepaul

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:33 pm

I regret nothing from my Goodpasture days. I actually did everything right in my book.
Back to top Go down
kvgamble
Class of 1999
kvgamble

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 1:30 pm

I had friends in different circles and it was great. But spending all the time with my percussion family was the best. We had some good times. I have no regrets from Goodpasture.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 4:02 pm

i mainly hung out with Hurley and Eckhardt, but all 3 of us hung out with pretty much everyone. i had no time for cliques. and i didn't have enough in common with any of them to spend too much time in one.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:36 pm

No regrets. You liked who you liked. That's life. There's no great merrit in hanging out with lunchbox bandits (no offense guys) just to broaden your horizons. Although, it sounds like you guys turned out alright Laughing. That's what is so fun about living in the internet age. Someone who once called you a cold hearted...well, you know, can now solicit you for parenting tips and totally make you smile. We've all grown up a bit.

Wait...i thought of one regret. I regret not telling Mr. Johnson that his pants had split sooner than I did. The poor guy was so desperate for student approval that I hated to tell him that his tighty whities were showing.

Last edited by skyla on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Skyla just made me gag!

I regret not standing up for myself. the end
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Is the gag for the over all cheesiness of it all or the thought of Mr. J's underpants?
Back to top Go down
hurley1313
Admin
hurley1313

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 7:57 pm

I vote for the underpants. Julie is not a cheesy person so I am sure its mr. J's pants also. Thats enouh to make most people gag.

Last edited by hurley1313 on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave Slate
Class of 1998
Dave Slate

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 pm

UGH!!

Just the thought of him hiking one leg up on that chair is enough.. But with a tear in his pants! pale
..That is an image no one ever need visualize.

Someone lock this thread - Skyla just ruined it.. (j/k)
tongue
Back to top Go down
jaj.atl
Class of 1998
jaj.atl

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:43 am

ok...the gagging turned to vomit. THANKS DAVID!

no Skyla, the cheesie-ness of your first statement didn't offend me. your friends where your friends...the end. i concur.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:38 am

Add that to my list of regrets - Bringing that image back. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm not sure exactly what it is that I regret. Maybe the fact that I was a painfully shy person and many people mistook that for snobbiness. I regret that I wasn't able to show my wacky personality to more people. I think I would have had a lot more fun in HS.
Back to top Go down
skyla
Class of 1998
skyla

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 am

Okay, let's get one thing clear. You were anything but shy. Seriously, you were like the wildest thing I'd ever met. I felt like a rebel just riding to school with you in the mornings.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 2:14 am

I used to regret not standing up for myself. I have left that way behind. I choose to believe in myself and not listen to naysayers (these people were older). I also regret not telling someone to shove it when he maintained that my baptism was unsuccessful because I was christened with water, instead of immersed. Different religious beliefs of other people don't threaten me. Maybe that's why I'm cool, and real down to earth, and easy-going. If I don't get my spot in heaven over something like that, I'd be real confused that baptism water ritual of a specific kind makes or breaks your case in heaven on Judgement Day. Just shows ignorance to say that it would.

Last edited by Nick_Smith on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
spelling bee massacre
Admin
spelling bee massacre

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 am

Nick_Smith wrote:
If I don't get my spot in heaven over something like that, I'd be real disappointed. Anyone agree with that?

I think you'd be more then just disappointed. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Allen
Admin
Allen

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 11:21 am

this is a subject for a different thread, i was going to start another subforum for faith talk and politics when we got more members. baptism comes from, i'm trying to remember exactly, i think the Greek baptizo which means to make fully wet, and is translated from the Hebrew word which mean to fully immerse. so in definition a sprinkling is not a baptism. i'm not here to decide your fate, that is up to God, i dont think baptism is a prerequisite for getting into Heaven, but it is the first step in following Christ.
Back to top Go down
https://goodpasture.forumakers.com
heatherD
Class of 1997
heatherD

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:36 pm

skyla wrote:
Okay, let's get one thing clear. You were anything but shy. Seriously, you were like the wildest thing I'd ever met. I felt like a rebel just riding to school with you in the mornings.

that's so sweet you saying that.

I meant when I first transferred in 6th grade. I would hardly talk to two people. I think I would have had an easier time of it. Byron Francis decided to make my life miserable up until 8th grade. I remember one day he was throwing "Your Mama" jokes at me and one was actually pretty funny and I laughed so hard that he got a really perplexed look on his face. He didn't bother me much after that. That was the day I learned that, if I laughed at people, they would leave me alone.

Even to this day, I still remember that and hold to that philosophy. If you ever come back to TN, you and I should go riding around Nashville just for old time's sake.
Back to top Go down
Larkjenn
Class of 1998
Larkjenn

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 4:02 pm

I just thought of a regret that will probably haunt me forever. I regret that I was such good friends with Chauncey Shuttera in Jr. High and through probably 9th 0r 10th grade. For some reason he got mad at me and we didn't talk after that much. I never tried to reconcile things and neither did he. When I found out that he died a few years back, I took it really hard. I still feel like I should have tried harder to work things out with him.
Back to top Go down
Nick_Smith
Class of 1998
Nick_Smith

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:16 am

After some research, I have found out that the etymology of baptise does go back to Late Latin and before that to the Greek, which did mean "immerse." Of course, many words derive from words from long ago, we all know that. But the question is, do most words retain their exact original meaning from many centuries before Christ?

Here is one definition for baptise, taken from a dictionary:
to dip (a person) in water, or sprinkle (someone) with water, as a symbol of acceptance into the Christian church, usually also giving him a name
Example: She was baptized Mary but calls herself Jane.

This *symbol* is just that. It is performed by the pastor in my church and the parents arrange it. It does not make or break a person's case for admission to Heaven. Bottom line - taking the judgement of Christ onto oneself is what this contemporary of mine did. Matthew 7:1 tells us we should not make that grave mistake. I'm glad you don't Allen, and I truly appreciate anyone lending me advice on the pursuit of righteousness for righteousness' sake. It has been offered before by very close friends I have who belong to the Church of Christ and I always expressed thanks for their concern. The greatest of faith, hope, and love is love and I love many people on here, and they know that.

Really, if I were to tell him anything, it would be "why can't we just live and let live, man?" That would have ended that conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any regrets   Any regrets Empty

Back to top Go down

Any regrets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goodpasture Christian High :: General Discussion :: Goodpasture In General-
Jump to: